brcm4329 wifi lost after upgrade to mavericks

viitols

5 posts in this topic

Wifi PCI card (broadcom 4329), which was working fine in Mountain Lion, stopped working in Mavericks.

In ML I patched IO80211Family.kext with the device ID. Made the same change after installing Mavericks and it's not working anymore.

Does somebody know what has changed in Mavericks?

Thanks!

Wifi PCI card (broadcom 4329), which was working fine in Mountain Lion, stopped working in Mavericks.

In ML I patched IO80211Family.kext with the device ID. Made the same change after installing Mavericks and it's not working anymore.

Does somebody know what has changed in Mavericks?

Thanks!

It is not known , the mavericks with something has changed .

if you still have the wifi driver from mauntain lion ? then please install with kext wizard or kext utility. does not work then please install the SystemInfo Tool app, then you see the dev ID and Ven ID , then you can transfer the dev ID and Ven ID into your wifi drivers

or install this driver http://www.osx86.net/files/file/2656-broadcom-43xx-series-airport/

if you install the driver which I have linked you here , then examine the driver whether the Vendor ID and Dev ID match your Hardware info , see systeminfo app

Thanks for your responses

I tried the kext spakk suggested without results. I also copied my old patched IO80211Family from Mountain Lion, which also doesn't work here.

So the problem must be somewhere else.

IO reg is attached. From what I see, the device id of the pci card is not correct.

So I started with a fresh install and didn't import my old user. Wifi icon didn't show up at all.

I patched IO80211Family with the device id again and rebooted. Now the wifi icon appeared ("no wifi hardware installed").

Turns out the problem was with networkinterfaces.plist. I swithced back to old one and it worked.

Maybe this helps somebody :)

• Like 1