Problem with my bootloader.. Help :)?

Corsal

5 posts in this topic

Hello all :)!!

I've a little problem with my computer. I've successfully installed OS X Mavericks on my laptop. I got also other 2 operating systems: Windows 8 and Linux Mint.

I have just one hard disk with the following partition:

- Linux Mint

- Swap for Linux Mint

- Windows 8

- Data partition

- Mavericks

Well, my problem is that i wanted to have a "nice" bootloader with some themes etc. I cannot install Chameleon because my hard disk got 4k sectors so I'm not able to write it in. I've found an alternative using Burg for Linux Mint. The only problem is that if I run OS X from Burg, it stucks.

So i've found this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/255308-guide-burg-bootloder-triple-boot/ . It works: Mavericks starts.

The only problem is that it starts with 1024x768 resolution and I don't know why. If I use Grub2, instead of Burg, It starts fine, with 1920x1080 resolution. I've tryed to replace the "Grub entry" of Maverick into the burg.cfg but I solve nothing.

Does someone have an idea of why it works so? Or does someone know how to fix this :)??

Thanks a lot guys. Sorry for the question that maybe can be stupid. But I'm a little newbie in this world :)

this is a daring do everything on a hard drive .

but no problem,
install Chameleon again , during the installation you can install the graphics settings again to revise the desired setting,

Edited by spakk

this is a daring do everything on a hard drive .

but no problem,

install Chameleon again , during the installation you can install the graphics settings again to revise the desired setting,

Thanks for your advice. I'll try it right now and I'll let you know if it works :)!!

It doesn't work.. Same thing as before.. But I think it's a problem of the bootloader (burg) because if I reinstall grub, maverick works fine, if I reinstall burg, maverick stops working fine again. If I reinstall grub, it works fine... And so on.. So I think it's something to set on burg. Have you some other idea?

which version chameleon bootloader do you use?

I have just informed me online, unfortunately I have no experience with burg bootloader. why do not you stay with chameleon , here are the empirical values ​​mature and almost everyone can help you

good luck!

Because I cannot install chameleon. My hard disk got sectors of 4096 byte and chameleon have problem to write in that sectors (usually hard disk sectors are of 512 byte). I saw some guides that explain how install anyways, but I don't remember why, but I cannot do a step :S