New hackintosh configuration: What do you guys think?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dontview

Dontview

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hello everyone,

I decided to spend some money in order to build myself a new hackintosh configuration. I would like to have your opinion about that, maybe some suggestions on more compatible hardware or experience. I plan to buy the following items: 

Intel® Core™ i5-4430, CPU

GIGABYTE GA-Z87M-D3H, Mainboard

2 GB DDR3

Thank you guys :)

Long Cat

Long Cat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

On ram: just 2GB is really low these days... unless you're only using the machine for web browsing, get at least 4. Personally, I'd recommend 8 and above.

Otherwise, don't see why that config shouldn't work.

cloudy

cloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have the same MB and have some issues, mainly power management-related such as shutdown/sleep/wake problems. Would be better to do some search before you buy.

Dontview

Dontview

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Well,

i just ordered another Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87-D3HP. It should arrive on thursday.

The research about compatible devices is pretty annoying. For instance, most people say that gigabyte has the best compatibility in general. Then, after some research, you will find a lot people claiming, that this particular motherboard works. But after a deeper search, you always find people having issues with it.   

strober

strober

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Congrats on the successful build!

I'm thinking of going with the GA-Z87M-D3H as well. It seems like the best (or only) motherboard that'll work well, which is micro ATX and has the Z87 chipset. If anyone knows of an alternative, I'd really like to hear it.

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

You may face issues no matter what board you get.

I would go for at least 4gb, 2 gb kits usually cost more than half of a decent 4gb kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy