Do I need graphics Kexts after mavericks detect it correctly?

sunnyimran

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody

I have been experimenting to install mac os x mavericks on my system

brief system specs are 

ASUS P5QL PRO

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

6GB DDR2 ( 4 sticks)

80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA HDD

Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6850

I was successful in installation, later I observed that my graphics card has been detected as 6xxx series during installation and working in 1080p mode (max supported resolution). Monitor is detected correctly as Samsung SMS24A350H.

that is nice but I didn't saw anything like 'Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) enabled' under graphics properties of mavericks

Do I need to still install driver for My graphics card ? 

if so, where can i get the driver and what is the best way to get maximum performance?

I am confused in DSDT, Kexts etc what is the difference

don't know where to get proper driver, how to install

kindly suggest

OS X no longer shows Quartz Extreme/Core Image in system information, since Lion I think.

It would help if you could say what graphics card you're talking about, I'm guessing it's ATI. Some newer models work out of the box but I don't know anything about ATI cards really.

The best way to get maximum performance is to run Windows...lol

OS X graphics performance is normally slower than Windows with the same hardware, on real Macs too.

Run some games, watch HD videos, that sort of thing. Run benchmarks and compare with others who have similar hardware.

Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 6850

The best way to get maximum performance is to run Windows...lol

OS X graphics performance is normally slower than Windows with the same hardware, on real Macs too.

Run some games, watch HD videos, that sort of thing. Run benchmarks and compare with others who have similar hardware.

I am new to mac world. could be a novice judgement but I observed slightly better graphics performance in MAC (better than windows)

for games, yes , windows is the way to go so far.

I heard MAC is the industry standard platform in various multimedia and entertainment industries with many professional applications not comparable in windows world.

thanks for replying