SL Install Recovery

Best Answer szym3k, 24 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well, turns out it was a rather easy fix. Had my mobo not set to AHCI mode - that solved everything.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

szym3k

szym3k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi guys,

I was running a Snow Leopard install successfully for over two years, and a couple weeks ago my internet stopped working. I thought it might have been a faulty PCI card, so I bought a Rosewill RNX-N150UBE USB adapter. I couldn't get that to work with drivers from here: http://www.realtek.c...&Downloads=true

Went back to put in the old PCI card (a Netgear Rangemax WPN311 PCI Adapter), and re-installed the kext which worked for me for over a year. Not sure if I did something wrong in that moment, as I haven't been able to get snow leopard to start up again. It just goes to a blank screen right after boot.

I burned i boot onto a CD and have tried variations of -x -s -f boot options, with no luck.

Attaching a cell phone shot of the verbose where it seems I'm getting the hang up.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,108 posts

Hmm, "Still Waiting for Root Device", that's a new one. Never heard that one before. If you google or forum search it, you probably won't find anything.

Your motherboard has a JMicron drive controller, what's the South Bridge?

Which controller is your OS X harddrive connected to?

szym3k

szym3k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Best Answer

Well, turns out it was a rather easy fix. Had my mobo not set to AHCI mode - that solved everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy