Strange iWork Problem

gofamon

7 posts in this topic

Hello. So I have my Averatec 3715 (Sempron 3000+) Working very well. There is no QE or CI because my S3 unichrome card will not support it. The problem I am having is with Pages from iWork. I can start the app just fine, and I can even see a new blank document sometimes, but I cannot edit the document itself. I just cannot select anything in the body of the document. I cannot insert any objects either. Is this something related to Quartz? It's hard for me to tell what the issue is, but MS word does work, so I don't think its a general word processor issue. Any ideas?

Open the Pages application package by right clicking on the app and selecting "Show Package Contents"

Browse to "/Contents/Resources/" and open "defaults.plist".

Find the lines

<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<true/>

Edit to

<key>SFRAcceleratedCanvas</key>

<false/>

Save & relaunch Pages.

The same process works for fixing iWeb. I have not read of a similar trick for fixing Keynote yet.

There are some plist edits that get Aperture working on a few more hardware types, but that is the only other one I can think of off hand. If you get stuck on an app, search this site and/or post a question like you did, and if there is a fix, someone will help you out.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
this didn't work for me. It caused the white paper background to turn gray and still no way to type or do anything for that mater. when i go to outline view or full screen view i can see what I typed but only for a split second then it goes back to being white.

How much VRAM you have? I have same problem and my VRAM only 7MB, that is the reason. You can check your VRAM when you booting, in the sentence "VESA 3.0 7MB ..."

As I know there is no solution for our problem if we can not find the right kext for video. And if your video card is Intel 855 as mine - so hopeless! :blink: