Mavericks 10.9.2 Released to Dev

AsusFreak

83 posts in this topic

Restored trim, alc 892 and as usual modified kexts for mixed system (Sandy bridge/Z77) to enable HD 3000. I can confirm that with 10.9.2 I have no issues with flash (can't use it on 10.9.1 cause it always crashes)

what kind of issue?

It takes forever to load contents in your Finder. Especially after a reboot and you open your Finder windows for the first time. After all, it seems it has been solved. Thanks lord. :D

what kind of issue?

It takes forever to load contents in your Finder. Especially after a reboot and you open your Finder windows for the first time. After all, it seems it has been solved. Thanks lord. :D

That's the only thing I was waiting to hear... I thought I was the only one with that problem, but it has been one of the biggest complaints on the Apple support forums. Strangely enough, Apple kept deleting the threads. They are so protective. The Finder was using a huge CPU load the more it was used. SOmeone actually documented CPU usage to prove his point, but the thread was deleted. Now all I can do is wait till the issue I have with a 2560x1440 display is resolved.

That's the only thing I was waiting to hear... I thought I was the only one with that problem, but it has been one of the biggest complaints on the Apple support forums. Strangely enough, Apple kept deleting the threads. They are so protective. The Finder was using a huge CPU load the more it was used. SOmeone actually documented CPU usage to prove his point, but the thread was deleted. Now all I can do is wait till the issue I have with a 2560x1440 display is resolved.

What's wrong with your QHD resolution :D

What's wrong with your QHD resolution :D

since the 1st dp of 10.9.2, my Qnix which only supports 2560x1440 as it has no hardware scaler , goes into suspend mode. Any other monitor works, just not the Qnix. Even SL detects the Qnix's native resolution, but the 2 Mavericks 10.9.2 dp's do not. I am starting to wonder if maybe the dvi port on the graphics card is not being recognized as DL-DVI due to new AMD drivers. Because the Qnix only works from a DL-DVI port. That is the only guess I have right now.

since the 1st dp of 10.9.2, my Qnix which only supports 2560x1440 as it has no hardware scaler , goes into suspend mode. Any other monitor works, just not the Qnix. Even SL detects the Qnix's native resolution, but the 2 Mavericks 10.9.2 dp's do not. I am starting to wonder if maybe the dvi port on the graphics card is not being recognized as DL-DVI due to new AMD drivers. Because the Qnix only works from a DL-DVI port. That is the only guess I have right now.

Tried adding DualLink parameter in DSDT?

I cannot boot Hackintosh after installing 10.9.2. Stops somewhere after the message :"VM Swap Subsystem is ON" or after completed IOBluetoothController startup.

Never had a major booting problem on this machine since I put it together more than two years ago.

What I did:

1. Tried upgrade - didn't boot.

2. Restored kexts that appeared to be new in 10.9.2 with the ones from 10.9.1

System.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

IONDRVSupport.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Repaired the disk and reinstalled Chameleon.

The problem persisted.

3. Formated system drive, did fresh install 10.9.1, and then did upgrade to 10.9.2

No change - doesn't boot.

UPDATE: Problem Solved!

Simple "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solved all the problems.

Up until this version both GraphicsEnabler Yes or No would work!?

I was able to install 13C44 on my HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO without any hitches.  However, between the initial install routine and the first restart, I had to boot up into OS X on a different partition, patch the new kernel and roll back some kexts.  Then, I restart and boot into the Mavericks partition and proceed with the remainder of the installation process.

The one kext that I have to roll back with 10.9.2 that I never had to roll back before is IOPlatformPlugin.kext.  Without rolling back that kext to an earlier version, one of the plugins, X86PlatformShim.kext, gives me a kp just before startup is complete.  So far, I have been able to roll back to the version for 10.8.5 and 10.9.   Interestingly, once 10.9.2 is installed, I can install the current version of IOPlatformPlugin.kext and things work fine. Not sure yet what that's about.

WhoopWhoop! This latest update fixes the problem I had with the Qnix monitor.... just when I was about to dive into my DSDT to try enable DL-DVI from there. I would still like to... any recommended threads on the subject?

Congrats. :D

Friends. After upgrading from 13C39 to 13C44, my processor is being identified by wrong "about this mac". As an i5, but actually I use a Core i3 processor! Take a look:

This Mavericks in 10.9.1 :post-1145065-0-92938200-1390655208_thumb.png  and this in 10.9.2 beta 13C44: post-1145065-0-24110400-1390655323_thumb.png

Will there be any problems when leaving the final version? With my setup?

Updated: Looks like the problem is with the Chameleon bootloader! Tested with Clover, and even gave me correctly the processor model.

• Like 1

I cannot boot Hackintosh after installing 10.9.2. Stops somewhere after the message :"VM Swap Subsystem is ON" or after completed IOBluetoothController startup.

Never had a major booting problem on this machine since I put it together more than two years ago.

What I did:

1. Tried upgrade - didn't boot.

2. Restored kexts that appeared to be new in 10.9.2 with the ones from 10.9.1

System.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

IONDRVSupport.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

Repaired the disk and reinstalled Chameleon.

The problem persisted.

3. Formated system drive, did fresh install 10.9.1, and then did upgrade to 10.9.2

No change - doesn't boot.

UPDATE: Problem Solved!

Simple "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" solved all the problems.

Up until this version both GraphicsEnabler Yes or No would work!?

Hi, I got similar problem as yours after upgrade to 10.9.2.

In 10.9GM & 10.9.1 using GraphicsEnabler=No, I can enable 3 display cards (Intel HD4600, AMD 7950, & Nvidia GTX 680) working at the same time and both display audio and HDMI audio working too.

In 10.9.2 (13C44 or 13C48) I must set GraphicsEnabler=Yes, otherwise it always hangs during booting and unable to reboot even by pressing reset key.

With GE=Y I can enable 1 display card (Intel HD 4600) working and only its HDMI audio working too.

Hope that Apple Co. or someone else can fix this as soon as possible.

By the way I must rollback AppleHDA & IOBlueTooth kexts too.

Edit on 2014-02-13:

In 10.9.2 (13C48 0r 13C53) I must pull off Nvidia GTX 680 card and leave AMD 7950 & internal Intel HD 4600.

Using mDP-->DP from Intel HD 4600 and HDMI-->HDMI from AMD 7950 I can get both Display audio and HDMI audio now after booting with GE= (blank).

So I think 10.9 GM & 10.9.1 can support 3 display cards (Intel HD, AMD, & Nvidia) well at the same time while 10.9.2 can support 2 display cards (either Intel HD + AMD or Intel + Nvidia) at most.