Mavericks 10.9.2 Released to Dev

AsusFreak

83 posts in this topic

Interesting thread.

In 10.9.1 my Logitech camera is seen fine and works with FaceTime etc...

Logitech Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2470

Unique ID: 0x14333000046d09a6

In 10.9.2. it is not seen at all - any ideas?

Interesting thread.

In 10.9.1 my Logitech camera is seen fine and works with FaceTime etc...

Logitech Camera:

Model ID: UVC Camera VendorID_1133 ProductID_2470

Unique ID: 0x14333000046d09a6

In 10.9.2. it is not seen at all - any ideas?

hello

i don't know is related .. give it a look

http://osxdaily.com/2013/12/27/fix-there-is-no-connected-camera-error-mac/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+osxdaily+%28OS+X+Daily%29

good hack

• Like 2

Hi Thanks a lot, it was not just that but on starting FaceTime it would immediately crash.

I have completely reinstalled 10.9.2 and the problem has disappeared - FaceTime works fine.

I never worry about pre-release version of updates, but was curious to see if this update fixes the finder bug that has been heavy on CPU usage for both hacks and real macs. So I installed the 10.9.2 DP update on my test drive and have the following issue. I have a Qnix 2710 evolution ll 27" monitor which has been fine with OS X so far running at 2560x1440. In fact it's a brilliant display panel. It works fine on 10.6.8 and with 10.8.5 and 10.9.1. Somehow this broke with the 10.9.2 update. The monitor goes into suspend mode as soon as OS X is loaded. I swapped the Qnix for my old Samsung 24" and the desktop loads fine. The Qnix does not have onboard scaling, but OS X up until this update has picked up the 2560x1440 display resolution and applied it no problem. Where do I go from here? I do not even know what to try. I will need to get this sorted before final relaese of this update, or I will have to stop updates until there is a solution.

Booted up with -X in Chameleon and tried Clover. Clover just hangs. Tried with Graphics Enabler and without.

I have not modified any kexts in any way at all to get this card (ASUS EAH6850) to work. It just always works OOB (except for now with 10.9.2). In fact the only modification I ever need to make to OS X kexts  is to AppleHDA.

I am using the DVI-D port, as the Qnix monitor only works with a dual link DVI port. (No HDMI or Display Port available on the monitor)

I never worry about pre-release version of updates, but was curious to see if this update fixes the finder bug that has been heavy on CPU usage for both hacks and real macs. So I installed the 10.9.2 DP update on my test drive and have the following issue. I have a Qnix 2710 evolution ll 27" monitor which has been fine with OS X so far running at 2560x1440. In fact it's a brilliant display panel. It works fine on 10.6.8 and with 10.8.5 and 10.9.1. Somehow this broke with the 10.9.2 update. The monitor goes into suspend mode as soon as OS X is loaded. I swapped the Qnix for my old Samsung 24" and the desktop loads fine. The Qnix does not have onboard scaling, but OS X up until this update has picked up the 2560x1440 display resolution and applied it no problem. Where do I go from here? I do not even know what to try. I will need to get this sorted before final relaese of this update, or I will have to stop updates until there is a solution.

Booted up with -X in Chameleon and tried Clover. Clover just hangs. Tried with Graphics Enabler and without.

I have not modified any kexts in any way at all to get this card (ASUS EAH6850) to work. It just always works OOB (except for now with 10.9.2). In fact the only modification I ever need to make to OS X kexts  is to AppleHDA.

I am using the DVI-D port, as the Qnix monitor only works with a dual link DVI port. (No HDMI or Display Port available on the monitor)

I think that solves your problems.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/249642-editing-custom-personalities-for-ati-radeon-hd45xxx/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/273937-guide-getting-xfx-hd6850-connectors-to-work/

read it carefully.

Good Luck ^_^

Thanks, but I have correct personalities and all ports working fine via DSDT. There is a really good thread on my exact card http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278553-make-asus-eah6850-100-work/ which also has a Clover config.plist which I added to mine. Clover hangs at the point of reaching the desktop. With chameleon, the desktop is reached, but the display is switched off on my Qnix monitor.

The problem is not in getting ports to work on my graphics card... they all do. I also do not need dual displays either. The problem is that after the update, my Qnix monitor, which can only display 2560x1440 and only works on the first port DL-DVI (which has always been the default port) , switches off at the point of reaching the desktop. My other monitor which is 1920x1080 works from that port just fine. So this is not a personalities issue or display connector issue. Thanks anyway.

hi all, on my desktop had the same result with my HD 5670 in 10.9.2, the monitor goes into power saving mode with AMD5000.kext edited to FB Baboon. Only with the kext without modification and without any injection of video is that the desktop is shown and have the video card only partially recognized.

Edit:

Surely I must be doing something stupid because now edit the AMD5000.kext tried again with the correct values ​​for my HD 5670 and everything went well. I apologize ...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suffering some serius issues with this and previus version with nvidia drivers. I can't reach the desktop it just reboot itself before showing the login screen. If I remove nvidia drivers I can reach desktop. All is working great in 10.8.5, 10.9 and 10.9.1.

Specs

ASUS G750 laptop

Haswell 4700HQ

GeForce GTX 770M none optimus Full QE GL Accelerator in 10.8.5 and 10.9 - 10.9.1

Looking for some advice about 10.9.2.  I have the HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO.  It has dual graphics:  Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 7850M.  However, HP does not allow GPU selection in the BIOS, and the 7850M GPU is disabled at boot. With Clover video injection and the 10.9.2 video kexts, the 7850M tries to start up at the same time as the HD4000 and that produces a kp.  I can boot up just fine in safe mode so I know its a driver issue.  I have deselected video injection for the 7850M in my Clover config, and have also deleted the AMD7000Controller.kext and neither preclude the kp caused by the GPU conflict.  I decided to restore my 10.9.1 installation but now that a new version of 10.9.2 is out, the experimenter in me wants to try it again.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking for some advice about 10.9.2.  I have the HP Envy 17t-3200 CTO.  It has dual graphics:  Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 7850M.  However, HP does not allow GPU selection in the BIOS, and the 7850M GPU is disabled at boot. With Clover video injection and the 10.9.2 video kexts, the 7850M tries to start up at the same time as the HD4000 and that produces a kp.  I can boot up just fine in safe mode so I know its a driver issue.  I have deselected video injection for the 7850M in my Clover config, and have also deleted the AMD7000Controller.kext and neither preclude the kp caused by the GPU conflict.  I decided to restore my 10.9.1 installation but now that a new version of 10.9.2 is out, the experimenter in me wants to try it again.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Disable the Radeon in DSDT/SSDT or in BIOS.

Still no signal to my 2560x1440 Qnix monitor after the newest preview. If I plug in my Samsung 1920x1080, all is fine. Swap to the Qnix , the monitor goes into standby mode. Weird, since the Qnix works fine on any other version of OS X. It's just the past 2 update previews. Maybe i'll just have to wait for the release version and hope for the best.