Can't download Mavericks from App Store

mac09hack

9 posts in this topic

I have been using an older Gigabyte hosted hackintosh since Leopard OS and it is currently running 10.6.8.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0) with Intel i7 1366 quad core CPU and 12 GB RAM

My problem is that I can not get the App store to allow me to download Mavericks

It just tells me that I cannot run mavericks on this hardware (or something like that)

What is it that I need to make this download happen?

Thanks for the response. I have checked and attached the simbios.plist text to this post.

I wonder if maybe the serial number is causing a problem or how the app store checks to see if this computer can run Mavericks.

I had this problem - been OK since Leopard but only started when downloading Mavericks

The problem  was that the SMbiosversion and SMBoardProduct had to match - this worked on an ex58-ud5 - then reboot

<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP41.88Z.0081.B08.1001221313</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro4,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

• Like 1

I had this problem - been OK since Leopard but only started when downloading Mavericks

The problem  was that the SMbiosversion and SMBoardProduct had to match - this worked on an ex58-ud5 - then reboot

<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP41.88Z.0081.B08.1001221313</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro4,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

Thanks for the smbios worked for me on a Siemens Fujitsu V6535 after reboot i downloaded Mavericks without any problems 

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :D  :D  :D 

I have been using an older Gigabyte hosted hackintosh since Leopard OS and it is currently running 10.6.8.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 1.0) with Intel i7 1366 quad core CPU and 12 GB RAM

My problem is that I can not get the App store to allow me to download Mavericks

It just tells me that I cannot run mavericks on this hardware (or something like that)

What is it that I need to make this download happen?

Considering that OS X Mavericks is free from the Mac App Store, it may also be obtained by a P2P torrent. If you can now download it by fixing your smbios.plist, that works as well.