Still waiting for root device, 10.8.0, on GA board

malfunct

7 posts in this topic

Hey there,

I have a gigabyte g.1 guerilla BS board, and I'm trying to boot into a newly upgraded 10.8.0 with no success. Problems appeared after I tried to install a few network drivers, although I removed them my system became unbootable. 

My drive is SATA. Setting rd, rdisk does not work. Giving boot options does not seem to influence.

Any suggestions on how to fix this silly error?

I'm not booting from USB. Booting from USB works fine. 

Booting from SATA doesn't work. My problem is with my SATA root device. Which used to work on mountain lion, but now does not!

I just re-installed on top of existing installation using myHack. Absolutely nothing has changed.

I am using Chameleon.

Boot flags necessary are PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 (or 0x3000 both seems to work). (and -v as well to see what's going on)

It only hangs at still waiting for root device, everything else seems to be in order.

I cannot boot into it no matter what I do, I tried installing injectors etc. as well. 

This is my motherboard

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3776#ov

I'm using a western digital SATA drive. It doesn't matter where I attach it to. 

Hello

Did you try use UserKernelCache=Yes ? without PCIRootUID?

Without PCIRoot option it does not boot at all. In current boot plist I already set that to Yes. However, there is no Kernel Cache to speak of as it was corrupted in the last time the system could boot. :( So it just reloads every kext on every boot and then hangs.

bcc9 is right that most suggestions are invalid. I lost many days with irrelevant suggestions. I will try to disable kernel cache. It must have something to do with not being able to read GPT partition. The UUID is received correctly. But it then just b0rks the hell out. :)