Why can't I update Chameleon? (Newer versions won't boot my 10.7 install)

bootloader chameleon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

So I'm still on r1627VS and still on 10.7, which was a icloud/facetime patched version IIRC. Anyways, I've tried more recent versions, and they've behaved the same. I did try out 10.8 on a separate drive, and ran r2048. It boots ML fine, however only from my USB drive. I tried migrating my main SSD's chameleon install to the same, newer build, however it won't boot my 10.7 install. 

This wasn't a big deal as I never made the jump to 10.8 due to other software bugs/issues. But it did make it annoying having to go into that 10.8 install. 

Anyways, now I'm looking to jump to Mavericks, and it's the same thing. I think I've tried now r2255. I before thought maybe it was a cham bug that needed to be worked out, but now I'm thinking it's something with my configuration? Anyways it can boot the 10.9 installer, but said USB installer with r2255 WON'T boot my trusty 10.7. Only my old, main r1627VS can seem to boot it. I don't understand what could be causing this. 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you for your time. 

homewayma

homewayma

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Try clover EFI Bootloader.

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

I'm running 10.6.8 on my X79 and also had trouble with newer versions of Chameleon. For the record, r2109 works fine for me. I can't vouch for the iCloud/Facetime fix though as I use neither.

For dual-booting I have Mavericks and Snow on seperate disks so I just use the BIOS boot menu to pick the right disk. This takes care of having to use two different Chameleon versions.

EnzoFX

EnzoFX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Yeah, there's always just the BIOS. It just seems like it's something that should just work. Oh well. Clover also something to try soon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy