Mavericks 10.9.1

55 posts in this topic

The Nvidia drivers are touched on Special update for Late 13 macbook Pro retina New version 310.40.15f03

Thanks for the heads-up. I installed this update over 10.9.1 but the bug is still present. Mavericks is useless to me on this machine until someone sorts this out. My x79 with GeForce 210 is fine.

@mitch: The 10.9.1 update is 13B42. It should work as I also updated from 13B40. If you got it from Software Update maybe try getting the dmg from Apple.

I have 10.9.1B40 Dev build installed. Trying to update 10.9.1 final happens in nothing to install. Ist Final also B40 build?

Same thing happened to me.  I had to install using the free-standing installer.  App store didn't work.  Now, I'm running build 13B42.

No issues on my Hacks, on the DC7700sff it hung on the reboot but I just held in the power button for 5 seconds and rebooted it, ran disk utilities, repair permissions and all is good.

Updated and the only issue is that annoying-forever-always-keep-update-but-nothing-improved Applehda! Just install old applehda and wait someone releasing newer version, so lame lol

We all know how that feels... :P But as much as I'd like to use VoodooHDA, it glitches out on my end whenever I try to use the microphone, besides the fact that it would occasionally hiss or emit noise.

AppleHDA patching didn't work for me in the long run as soon as I started using VM's on my hack, I would lose sound capabilities in VM's, I bought a USB sound card that is recognized by OSX and don't have to fool around with patching anymore, I know this is not an option for you laptop users.

DSDT injection...

Yes I am using DSDT w/injection for long time now. but not working in Mavericks. Not getting resolution.

Maybe I have to  re investigate my DSDT as it was something shared a long time ago for my MB. I do know it has 8800 GT in it.

There's no bug in actual Mac hardware, so it's nothing they're going to fix when it doesn't need fixed. Besides, most Nvidia cards downclock themselves when they hit certain temperatures.

Someone has reported it is also happening on Apple HW. (see the post in Post Installation section)

Updated without issues.

Had to repatch the new AppleHDA for my ALC887 controller and all was good to go.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Can anyone help out - for some reason I can't run the updater. It says its not supported on my system? Ive also tried the mac pro, and macbook pro retina specifics and they don't work either.

Attached picture of my setup.

post-321125-0-85011200-1387578833_thumb.png

Hi guys,

Can anyone help out - for some reason I can't run the updater. It says its not supported on my system? Ive also tried the mac pro, and macbook pro retina specifics and they don't work either.

Attached picture of my setup.

I think you are using wrong serial number.

• Like 2