Cypress PS2 Trackpad kext

Ulysse31

128 posts in this topic

XPS 13 9360 Full-HD Intel i7-7500u on Sierra 10.12.6 here.

I have completely removed all vanilla PS2 kexts from SLE and Clover and restarted to make sure that they are gone. No input from trackpad and keyboard.

Then I installed the 0.7 kext from the first post and the prefpane from github, refreshed kextcache and rebooted (multiple times).

Weirdly I only have the basic functions (pretty much like rehabmans kext) and when I open the cypress settings I get "ApplePS2CypressTouchPad not found".

Cant find the debugging kext from your first post. Any solution?

XPS 13 9360 Full-HD Intel i7-7500u on Sierra 10.12.6 here.

I have completely removed all vanilla PS2 kexts from SLE and Clover and restarted to make sure that they are gone. No input from trackpad and keyboard.

Then I installed the 0.7 kext from the first post and the prefpane from github, refreshed kextcache and rebooted (multiple times).

Weirdly I only have the basic functions (pretty much like rehabmans kext) and when I open the cypress settings I get "ApplePS2CypressTouchPad not found".

Cant find the debugging kext from your first post. Any solution?

Hi,

As already said on last message, the latest version of the code has been severely truncated and modified in order to be sierra compliant (regarding applePS2 sources and Rehabman's sources that has evolved, which is normal), which means lots of features are missing, like using the prefpane.

Actual features are quite limited to : click to tap, drag&drop/selection pressure, 2 fingers scrolls, 3 tap lock selection, 3 and 4 fingers swipes up and down gives explode windows mode (current app windows or all windows depending up or down). left and right the workspace/widget balancing.

Since the prefpane does not communicate with the kext for now, you can only modify some values via editing manually the VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Sources on the github can be compiled again on your computer, if someone as some time and some dev skills, I would be happy to answer his questions about the code or how the cypress chip works. but unfortunately, I've been really busy, and don't really know when I'll be available to work again on the sources.

Again, If someone wants some infos about the code and wants to work on it, just PM me.

Cheers,

--

Ulysse31

Hi,

As already said on last message, the latest version of the code has been severely truncated and modified in order to be sierra compliant (regarding applePS2 sources and Rehabman's sources that has evolved, which is normal), which means lots of features are missing, like using the prefpane.

Actual features are quite limited to : click to tap, drag&drop/selection pressure, 2 fingers scrolls, 3 tap lock selection, 3 and 4 fingers swipes up and down gives explode windows mode (current app windows or all windows depending up or down). left and right the workspace/widget balancing.

Since the prefpane does not communicate with the kext for now, you can only modify some values via editing manually the VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Sources on the github can be compiled again on your computer, if someone as some time and some dev skills, I would be happy to answer his questions about the code or how the cypress chip works. but unfortunately, I've been really busy, and don't really know when I'll be available to work again on the sources.

Again, If someone wants some infos about the code and wants to work on it, just PM me.

Cheers,

--

Ulysse31

Any idea on the sensitivity?  Between the trackapd only working as a mouse and getting random freezes all the time, i finally gave up and just put windows on my machine, but would love to try again.

The multitouch did work on my XPS 13 L321X, but it wouldnt ignore my palm, and just putting my finger on the pad would act as a click.  Is it just a case of changing some of the values of the info.plist to decrease sensitivity?