System uptime in nanoseconds!

south4769

126 posts in this topic

You need a USB keyboard and mouse, only until the first access to the system, then you will install the kext for PS2.
If you had created the USB with Pandora you could choose options for laptop and keyboard and mouse would work

• Like 1

Ok ive been messing around with pandora for a little bit and it is very confusing! Ive been trying to find tutorials but no good one have came up. I found one but it does not give a lot of detail so it is confusing. Do you know of any good guides for pandora?

Try to follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/45-tutorials-the-genius-bar/

Concerning your not working keyboard and touchpad, you can find informations here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/75403-before-you-begin-there-is-no-keyboard-connected-to-your-computer/

A good idea is using the platform search. I am sure, that you can find tons of informations for solving your problems.

Look for a guide for a working device with similar hardware.

Have fun.

Step by step:

Put Pandora.app and Mavericks.app (or dmg image) in Desktop

Launch Pandora Create Installer

Select Mode 1 

otiz.png

Skip ACPI folder

Select USB

creareusb.png

Select system (Mavericks)

Drag&drop Mavericks.app (or dmg) in terminal window

Drag%drop USB stick in terminal window

Wait the end of process and select your SMBIOS

Select your screen resolution

Select With Pandora system

scegliretailopandora.png

Select Laptop option 6

sceglidesktoplaptop.png

Don't select recoveryHD

Wait the end of process

Done

Now boot from your new USB stick and install Mavericks

Don't forget to customize the installation by clicking on Customize

sceglivolume.png 

• Like 1

You can install some for your hardware neccessary kexts. I suggest to use the backup funktion by installing the kexts. If they are not working, you can install the original ones back, if they get replaced by install. Very specific kexts, like the applehda. kext you should try to find with the platform search here. You can also try to install an applehda.kext, that is working on an other Dell device. But the device has to have the same alc chip. Using voodoohda is the last, I do, to get sound working.

With pandora kexts you should get any kind of ethernet nic, usb and nearly all sata chipsets get fully recognized and working. Just explore the postinstall package. Im sure you will find for you usefull things. The in Pandora included bootloader can updated here in the Downloads.

Have fun.

done!!! thank you! pandora works good! just one question, what do i do with post installation?

Write the exact model of Laptop, or detailed technical specifications, included Audio, chipset, USB type and controller