6 replies to this topic

PlayerCide

PlayerCide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hello there I need some help...

So I was able to create a bootable USB stick using my friends macintosh and he had his own DMG file that he built his hackintosh with called IATKOS ML2.dmg, I installed that to my usb with the chameleon bootloader found in this video.

I get to installation and I get quite a few options in the customise tab but after installation and after playing around with a few installations (removing some features in the customise menu of the install) all I get is a blank screen (grey all over) now if I use -f -v -x I get lots of verbose text and an apple with iAtkos and a small grey progress bar at the bottom but still nothing...

Tried a lot of installations now and every time I retry (wiping the partition in Disk utility and reinstalling on top) I still get the same result

I have all my system specs below

Hope someone can help

Intel Core i5 4440
8GB DDR3 Vengeance RAM (CORSAIR)
NvidiaGTX 660 (EVGA) Super Clocked
1TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD
MSI h87 G43 MotherBoard

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

It is better to try to follow this guide: http://www.insanelym...the-genius-bar/ and use this tool: http://www.insanelym.../11-pandoraapp/

Distros like iATKOS are common known for installing to much disturbing garbage, which is later on, hard to get completly rid off.

Have fun.

PlayerCide

PlayerCide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What guide should I follow? I've created the bootable usb I just want to know how to install it now also what does pandora app do and how do I get it onto my USB?

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

You can find a link to the pandora guide on it s  download page. The before by me linked guide, is one for general install of OSX and not for an specific hardware/device. Try to find here with the platform search a guide for your motherboard or look for one with similar hardware.

Have fun.

PlayerCide

PlayerCide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

no guide there -.-

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,047 posts

0kay, I am forced to use glasses. But because of this, I am able to read with smaller fonts written text. ;)

Here you go with the mentioned guide: http://www.insanelym...beta-2-testing/

Small tips, what  to do, are included, if you run pandora.

Have fun.

PlayerCide

PlayerCide

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

UPDATE:

So I am able to get into my mac now I removed my gtx 660 and using intel integrated for now... (Had to use the "-v" and "graphicsenabler=no" bootflags

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mountain lion, iatkos, iatkosml2, ml2, usb, install, gtx 660, h87, i5 4440

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy