Fallen at the first hurdle...

SpecialShane

7 posts in this topic

For the whole day i have been trying to install mac on this computer and so far everything has been going bad for me, I have managed to get mac working on a Virtual Machine so that much i can do sort of successfully :P The problems come when i try to make a bootable usb for osx, I've been using TransMac to mount the .iso  and every time i try to boot from the usb i get a solid white line flashing, I know enough to know that this is bad so i boot back into windows and get the same message every time which is "You need to format this drive ect..." Im guessing that there is something wrong with partition on the usb itself? Ive formatted this usb severial times and then put mac on it again but always get the same result.. :c I only have 1 usb big enough aswell so... :c If anyone knows how to solve this simple bu very frustrating problem then please try and do so :)

Thanks!

You should try to make your installer inside your Vmware image of Mac OSX. You have to install the extensions for getting usb recognized. No need to use transmac, if you have a working Vmware image.

If you have time, you could read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ and try to use this tool: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/11-pandoraapp/

It is very hard, to give you further tips, because you are telling no details of the hardware, on which you want to install OSX.

Please put your hardware in signature like many others have done it here. It is easier for you getting well supported.

Have fun.

@ dcal77

Does  diskutility of an VMware image of OSX not work anymore to format an usb stick HFS+ journaled? Some times ago I have made the installer of my Edge E320 in this way because of having no access to my desktop pc.

Have fun.

I followed your advice and tried to make the usb in mac iteslf but ive got a different problem now, When i format the usb to hsf+, create 1 partition and set it to master or whatever it is it then goes through and completes but the mac then says "you need to reboot this vm" i reboot but the mesage comes back eveytime but when i remove the usb it boots fine, Im going to try it again on a new vm

fa3f8627ef6050c55372901b981a9daf.pngGetting this everytime i format the usb

ok some more progress, I tried what dcai777 suggested but that didn't work for me so i gave pandora a try, I got my Mavericks onto a USB and have managed to boot into pandora but now its kernal panicking or at least i think it is

Specs: 

CPU: i5 2500k

Mobo: Z68x-ud4-b3

Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @1600Mhz

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 7950

image.jpg

image.jpg

2013_12_14_21_53_36.jpg

2013_12_14_21_52_02_1.jpg