• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hi i've modifiy the .vbox and the cameleon.plist file as describe in the tiger vm tutorial and i obtain 1440*900

i ll try 1600*900 and cross my fingers !!

so still the sound in ML ? and create a maveriks vm

thanks

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Hi

YOU RE A GENIUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS my Moutain Lion virtual Machine run now, very weel, wifi, app store

now i ve to find how change the resolution (1366*724) and the sound is not detected

but i m downloading actually the Maverick update, so after i ll clone my machine and try to upgrade on the new one to eventually obtain a 10.9 image

eventually is it possible to run the same modifyvm on the other machine (snow and lion )?

thankssssssssssssssssss

hi again, i've try with success the same on my snow leopard

no sound

no memory detect on system information so i can't download the maverick update

but it s cool

thankssssssssssssssss

Pleased that it worked. Basically we told VB on the new machine to present the old CPU type to the VM. Sorry but I can't help with the other questions as I don't run VB.

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Good trick !!

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hi, i've create an iso file with mavericks Under my virtual machine, how transfert it to Windows host?

thanks

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hi again, i ve found how connect my vm to my host by smb,, thanks

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hello, in fact i ve connected my vm with the host by smb one time, but the copy of the iso ended with and error, and now i can't redo the same operation, the connection by smb is cancel every time

so i need to find a solution to transfert the 6Gb iso of maverick from my Mountain Lion virtual machine to my PC, and so try to create a new virtual machine

thanks a lot please

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I often use this trick: Install windows Xp on vm , install virtualbox addon iso, enable shared folder. Link osx.vdi on second sata on vb setting. To access hfs+ from xp 3 option: Transmac ( 15 days trial) or paragon hfs+ for windows or macdrive. Then transfer files ( the Iso in your case) to shared folder.

atlantisman87bis

atlantisman87bis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

hello, thanks for the the trick, i ll use it tomorrow, in fact it s a good idea

and after i ll try to use your post to install mavericks

thanks

enumaelis

enumaelis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi I have the same problem as atlantisman87bis.

I have  an Asus core i7 4x and the identical cpuids output issuing the VBoxManage list cpuidset (under linux).

Unfortunally I have no previous OSX installed in my VIrtualVox so i cannot know wich cpuid will work with the Vm machine. I tried your command but didn't work of course.

Th for any help.

iLLNESS

iLLNESS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Thanks for that. I have a test system at work and will try out the modifyvm idea in the morning (UK) time.

Update: If you want to try this now I have a test command for you to try.

VBoxManage modifyvm <vmname> --cpuidset 1 000206a7 02100800 1fbae3bf bfebfbff

wow thank you! i've been having issues with my GA-Z87X-UD3 and i5 4670k. windows 7 as host. every bootdisk that would get past mach kernel missing errors would eventually start darwin and crash before gui or just black screen. got 10.8 running so i can FINALLY create a damn 10.9 install.

this worked right away

davidm71

davidm71

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hi,

Would this trick help me install Mavericks? I have a 4670k and even in a pre existing mavericks installation running virtualbox my install iso always stalls out after the 'mounting hfs partition' message. That is using hackboot. Thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy