XRadeonFB

joblo10

71 posts in this topic

With the development of this new driver in progress, I decided to make it easier this time by creating a new forum to manage different folders, debug, new versions etc.. I'm being active since the last two weeks and get a lot of work in view.

I think it will be easier both for you and for me to organize.

I just created a stater web site which you can found here:

X86Dev.org

Every update will be made at the forum above, unless something important deserves high attention. Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by joblo10

well i install it, but now i can boot, it says that my CRT, dont have any EDID information... lol!... but well, it also saids something else...

x700pro 128

it detects the ram and core mhz at 166/166...

and it detects both VGA and DVI ports

well i install it, but now i can boot, it says that my CRT, dont have any EDID information... lol!... but well, it also saids something else...

x700pro 128

it detects the ram and core mhz at 166/166...

and it detects both VGA and DVI ports

Ok, does these values are ok, and could you give me the message about the edid, does it begin with "Warning"?!

ok it said, especific some problems with ATIRadeon9700 and other kext i think that ndvrasman or somthing...

IONdvrdevice duplicate ...

Warning NO EDID Found!!!

and also XTAL calculation failed: 26577

my default core and mem mhz are 425 and 435 and its sais that its 166/166 is that ok ?

also i notice that it load it two times... maybe somthing about that duplicated?

WOW, good Job, Joblo 10!

One question: Does it work on my VGA: X850 XTPE (AGP8X), how to install and do I have to use this with callisto?

Thanks again!

No you must remove Callisto to try it, because if you don't, Callisto will load first. And yes it should work as I have almost the same card. :)

ok it said, especific some problems with ATIRadeon9700 and other kext i think that ndvrasman or somthing...

IONdvrdevice duplicate ...

Warning NO EDID Found!!!

and also XTAL calculation failed: 26577

my default core and mem mhz are 425 and 435 and its sais that its 166/166 is that ok ?

also i notice that it load it two times... maybe somthing about that duplicated?

Ok thanks for the reply.

About the IONDRVDevice and the ATIRadeon9700 problems, I just fix it this evening. I'm uploading a new one right now. The xtal calculation is related to the wrong clock rates you have, I'll have a look. And for the EDID, on which port your monitor is connected?

i try it in both, VGA and DVI-I * with VGA adapter * and both reports EDID warning, but i think thats just cuz it dont have edid xD....

lol ok, that's a good reason..

I made the framebuffer exits at that point to prevent problems, because it only works with edid for now, but maybe a later version will go further that point for older monitors.

Like I said before you da man :D I installed ,repaired permissions and every thing loaded as planed. BUT i have the half screen issue and multiple screen/mouse issue. I tried with -f, -x, -s all the same. With -f AGP did load. I don't know when you are uploading the new one , but I have the same problem as ^kaneda. here is what was in boot

kextd[27]: cant find extensions with id com.apple.iokit IONDRVSupport

kextd[27]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATI Radeon 9700.kext

Found x800

Found 256 wide videoram

found Intel x86 Bios Rom

xtal calculation faild: 26534

used default PLL infos

Reference=27.00Mhz (RefDiv=73) Memory= 166.00, System= 166.00

PLL min 12000 max 35000

No connector info table detected

12C (port2) ... found TMDS Pannel

Parsing EDID data for pannel info

Setting up default mode based on pannel info

Thats what I got :blink: With Callisto 03 fix and 06 my card would be recognized as x800xt and with 08 it would just say x800 like this one. This is a start. The screen output is the same type off bug I would have with some macvidia builds when I was NV. Glad to see the Linux builds were helpful. I recently spent 2 days screwing around with XGL and can say that wasn't a joy :compress: Do we need IOPCIFaimly 1.7 with this?

Like I said before you da man :D I installed ,repaired permissions and every thing loaded as planed. BUT i have the half screen issue and multiple screen/mouse issue. I tried with -f, -x, -s all the same. With -f AGP did load. I don't know when you are uploading the new one , but I have the same problem as ^kaneda. here is what was in boot

kextd[27]: cant find extensions with id com.apple.iokit IONDRVSupport

kextd[27]: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/ATI Radeon 9700.kext

Found x800

Found 256 wide videoram

found Intel x86 Bios Rom

xtal calculation faild: 26534

used default PLL infos

Reference=27.00Mhz (RefDiv=73) Memory= 166.00, System= 166.00

PLL min 12000 max 35000

No connector info table detected

12C (port2) ... found TMDS Pannel

Parsing EDID data for pannel info

Setting up default mode based on pannel info

Thats what I got :blink: With Callisto 03 fix and 06 my card would be recognized as x800xt and with 08 it would just say x800 like this one. This is a start. The screen output is the same type off bug I would have with some macvidia builds when I was NV. Glad to see the Linux builds were helpful. I recently spent 2 days screwing around with XGL and can say that wasn't a joy :compress: Do we need IOPCIFaimly 1.7 with this?

No special IOPCIFamily is required. I did not fully implement TMDS panel functions in this build, this was related to the LCD with LVDS timers call, but it's on the list :D I already uploaded the new one, I just called it 1_1 because it didn't deserve the Alpha2 title yet.

No you must remove Callisto to try it, because if you don't, Callisto will load first. And yes it should work as I have almost the same card. :compress:

I'll try all AGPGart 2.0 + IOPCIFamily version 1.8 + XRadeonFB this afternoon

I hope it will work perfect so I can replace with callisto

Great Joblo 10!!!!

woot nice joblo!! hope support for notebook lcds will be available soon- cant wait to test this on my 9700 lappy.. :) hope you can get osx to support 1400x1050 coz previously on callisto with qe ci enabled i got severe window tearing.. ;)

a question?

this mean atacking the problem from a whole new way .

is this some kind of replace of what callisto did or is it a complement to

the other efforts of people like omni and your self.

sorry if i am a litle offopic but its just to get the big picture of this