Has anyone managed boot into Mavericks without the need for NullCPUPowerMangement

Frank Nitty

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone managed to boot into Mavericks without the need for NullCPUPowerMangement.kext? I'm still having difficulty being able load 10.9.0 without it. I'm have manually patched my AppleRTC and I'm using a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I am also using a personalized SSDT made for my system. Other than that, I don't know what else is needed to accomplish this in Mavericks. I have successfully booted into 10.7.4 and 10.8.5 without NullCPUPowerMangement with the essentials described above. Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for the reply Gringo. I am not sure what to take away from this. At first glance the info that you referred me to goes over my head. I knew it wasn't going to be a turn-key solution but I wasn't expecting anything this complicated. Is there another option besides those 2 links. I guess I'm being lazy, but I just want to narrow down the steps it takes to the minimum. Thanks

If your motherboard allows you to flash a modified BIOS, pmpatch is the easiest solution there is.

Place pmpatch and a copy of your BIOS in the same directory. In terminal, or a Windows command prompt, navigate to that directory and do:

pmpatch [oldbiosfilename] [newbiosfilename]

If you see "output file generated" at the end then you're good, don't worry about the rest

Then flash this BIOS to your mobo and you're done.

Sorry for the late response Gringo, and I appreciate your help... After reading your last message, I think I understand. So to accomplish this method, 1) when involving the bios file, would I use a copy of a bios file provided my mobo manufacturer or would I go about extracting the bios from my system with a 3rd party program, etc. 2) Where would u recommend I get the pmpatch file from?