[GUIDE] Install Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on Dell Inspiron 1720/Vostro 1700 with NVidia graphics

- - - - - Mavericks Inspiron 1720 Vostro 1700 NVidia

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Computers.

Update 10.9.4 went as expected.  Deleted AppleHDA and all is working.

HunterK

HunterK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello, I have been lurking this thread for a while.

I have an inspiron 1520 which is very similar to the 1720, it has a T7250 and a 8600GTM

I have been following the guide but I am having problems, booting in verbose gets stuck at this line:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory 

http://i.imgur.com/tL6OvBU.jpg

From what i have read it is supposed to be a compatibility problem between the version of chameleon and Fakesmc... I have tried many combinations with Darwinx's Fakesmc but each try was a failure.

Any help would be very appreciated.

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

10.9.5 update went the same as all the rest

HunterK, sorry I didn't see your post, I've been busy the last few months.  If you're still having issues, just let me know.

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Hi everyone new, while I don't mind getting PMs and will give help regardless, please post any questions to this forum.  The people I have helped on here can also assist me in working out your problems.

haroldosm20

haroldosm20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Hello I would like to install the 10.9.4 mavericks who have downloaded the app store on a Dell Inspiron 1720 - Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8GHz - 2GB DDR2 - Nvidia 8600m GT - Broadcom BCM94322MC - 250gb sata

'll be extracting the DSDT via linux

https://www.dropbox....20DSDT.aml?dl=0

Help Me xangel9626

motur

motur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! Thanks for your job.

I'm getting problems with the start up of the pen drive.

I created it as you described in a macbook, now I'm trying to initiate it in my dell inspiron 1720 t7250, and the chameleon starts without user interface. Lines of code appear and then it stops because Bluetooth is missing.

Any idea to skip that?

Thank you!

griftopia

griftopia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you please help me people. I have followed all instructions to the 'T'. I have Inspiron 1720 with Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.50 GHz. I selected the closes smbios.plist I could which was T7xxx. I also have 128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS. I have 4 GB RAM in the machine.

DSDT I have not created on my USB stick. I understand it is optional until after I actually install. My issue right now is that during installation my mouse freezes. Sometimes when selecting language screen. Sometimes while using disk utility to partition. Sometimes after I start installing. It says 16 minutes left, sometimes 15, sometimes 14.. then freeze. So basically something is going on where by installation freezes.

I have tried keeping the mouse moving all the time using the touchpad and clicking at some corner etc. This is so frustrating, I feel I'm so close. Really appreciate your help.

PS My Hard Disk looks good as well. All the same I tried to do "Verify Disk" using Disk Utilities, but problem is here ALSO it hangs. Basically any "long" operation my mouse freezes. I think the problem is somewhere else altogether and I just need to find it. Unfortunately all hardware checks out and I do not have anything else plugged in. I have 1 HD with Windows and am trying to install OS X to 2nd HD.

griftopia

griftopia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

All, I've followed instructions perfectly except I have one doubt.

First, I get error: Can't perform kext scan: no kext summary"

It does not matter whether I put the mkext into Cache/startup or leave it where kext utility generated it.

My doubt: What smbios.plist I should use. I tried to use the closest one but I'm not sure if it is right. My hardware on Inspiron 1720 is

Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5250 @ 1.50Ghz

4:00 GM DDR2

Dell 0UK437 Motherboard

128MB NVidia GeForce 8400M GS

If I do not generate the mkext I'm able to get to selecting the disk for installation and then it hangs. I'm not dual booting. Someone please help. I feel I'm close but can't get over this hurdle.

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

First off, sorry I haven't been around to help any of you, I've been working insane hours and barely have time to do much at the end of a day.  I'll try to drop by more often to see if I can help anyone out.

@motur, please post a picture of the screen where your system stops.  I will see if I can give you the proper advice to get past the screen.  Also, please post your full specifications of your laptop.

@graftopia, for my tutorial to work, you need to have a patched DSDT in your installer drive.  The whole thing is reliant on some of the patches fixing issues so that the installer will start up properly and the system to start after the install.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mavericks, Inspiron 1720, Vostro 1700, NVidia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy