[GUIDE] Install Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on Dell Inspiron 1720/Vostro 1700 with NVidia graphics

xangel9626

225 posts in this topic

Ok,   Well now my old dell laptop seems to be working ok (without wifi) Im going to try and instal some kind of osx system on my Very old shuttle SB61G2.     If I can get that to work then taking your advice I won't use the laptop I will use the Shuttle.  Makes a better server anyway :)

How is everyone else's systems doing? 

Thanks it worked for me but i have a problem on my dell Inspiron 1720 broadcome 440x ethernet it always show self assigned ip i thought the problem in my router but the cable works fine in another mac and another pc so how can i fix this issue ? and is there any solution to enable intel 3945 wireless in mavericks ? 

Thanks again

Darkwake just helps with waking from sleep.  It would be best if you use the post installation from page 5 since it contains the exact files and steps you need.  The best advice is to follow my steps exactly using only the files that I have given, then if you need to modify anything for your specific configuration, do so after you are able to get your system running.  Ethernet should work properly if everything was done correctly.  Sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to get everything correct in one shot.

One other thing, could you post your system configuration in your signature?  It helps us know what we are looking for when we try to correct problems.

Since you were able to get a booting system before using my smbios and DSDT, you are good.  The kexts that I provided should get other system devices working properly with exception to your Intel wifi card.  Keep me informed of your progress.

You could try Ethernet built in, but you shouldn't need it.  If you are using the AppleBCM440Xethernet kext, then it should be working with the only needed addition of Max_valid_dma_addr=1024 in the chameleon.boot.plist.  Try deleting your Ethernet in system preferences and adding it back and see if that changes anything.

Try deleting com.apple.alf.plist in the /Library/Preferences/ folder, then restart your computer.  Once the computer restarts, you might have to accept some prompts about allowing incoming connections.  Also, did you install 10.9 then upgrade to 10.9.1 or are you did you install straight to 10.9.1?

I read that sometimes there are issues with IP addresses when upgrading from one version to the next.  Build 13A598 is the Gold Master, while 13A603 is the retail release.  I started with 10.9 from the App store, got everything working, then upgraded to 10.9.1.  Installing 10.9.1 downloaded from the App store should work with my instructions.

I'm saying that you should be able to use retail 10.9 or retail 10.9.1 and they should both work the same using my instructions.  I'm not sure though, but it's always possible using 10.9.1 for the install might cause issues. 

For your wifi card, I'm assuming you don't have any other cards you can try out to see if you can get wifi working?