[GUIDE] Install Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks on Dell Inspiron 1720/Vostro 1700 with NVidia graphics

* * * * * 1 votes Mavericks Inspiron 1720 Vostro 1700 NVidia

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Computers.

I didn't know anyone was having issues with the app store.  Keep in mind that installing Yosemite has a different process.  I have a write-up for it on another thread.  Keep the files I uploaded because most of them are used for the install.

njg9837

njg9837

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Just had to add :

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</Key>

<string>Yes</string>

to my boot.plist file and app store was fully functional

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Glad you figured it out, strange that you needed it though....

Randy Roy

Randy Roy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello i came across someone helping someone patch their  dsdt i was wondering if anyone could help me out i am new to this and i want to install yosmite or any other osx i got snow leopard installed using aiktos but thats as far as it goes.
Thanks Randy

xangel9626

xangel9626

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Hey Randy, I'm sorry I didn't catch your message earlier as I don't log in to the website that much.  If I'm reading you correctly, you already have a patched DSDT, if not, browse all the pages of the installer guide and you could possibly find one for your processor that's already patched.  Please try to follow my install guide but some of the programs/files I used might not be available and you may need to improvise.

To Everyone - My Vostro 1700 no longer has OS X installed on it, I managed to format both my main hard drive and my backup hard drive and I just decided that I didn't need OS X on it any more.  The files I had should mostly be available in either of my installer guides, if not, I do not have them any more.  I can try to help you with your installs, but it has been a while since I've done any work on my old laptop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mavericks, Inspiron 1720, Vostro 1700, NVidia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy