First and foremost, I want to thank fusion71au for his assistance with getting my system up and running with Mavericks.
Vostro 1700 – Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 – 4GB DDR2 667 RAM – Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT – HP rebranded to Apple Airport BCM94322MC – IOGear Bluetooth 2.1 USB – Sigmatel Stac9205 Audio – 17 inch 1440x900 Glossy Screen
Of course, make adjustments for your system as necessary.
I have no instructions for the DSDT patching because fusion71au did the patching for me. Also, if you need to do the rebranding of your wireless card, there are plenty of resources on the net that can help you out. For the Post Installation, I did all the work from within my Mountain Lion installation on a separate hard drive, you might be able to boot from the installer drive to do the work, but I didn’t bother trying as I had issues in the past and it was just easier to do it from a running system.
Instead of making a kext package, I’m providing links to give proper credit for others finding or modifying kexts to work with specific devices. Only use the Kexts that I list in the guide, there are others in the packages that are not needed.
· Trackpad with 2 finger scrolling and Tapping
· USB Bluetooth
· Graphics with QE/CI
· Battery Icon
· Auto and Lid Sleep
· CPU Speed Stepping
· Waking from Sleep causes USB Bluetooth to mess up, removing/replacing the USB dongle fixes it.
· Shutdown does not kill power
· About This Mac shows 15 Inch Macbook Pro, but who cares
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
1. Mavericks installer downloaded from Apple Store
2. DSDT for your system patched with the following:
· DTGP Method
· IRQs to fix USB Devices Randomly Not Working
· USB patch to fix sleep
· PCI Patch
· RTC Patch
· SMBUS patch
· IDE fix (optional but added)
· Clamshell fix (optional but added)
· Shutdown fix for XPSm1530 (optional but added)*
· USB Drive Sleep Fix for XPSm1530 (optional but added)*
· Removed AZAL/HDEF section
3. SMBios 5.1 created with Chameleon Wizard (Found in DarwinX’s package. Make/modify one with the wizard, don’t use someone else’s)
4. org.chameleon.Boot.plist with the following setup
5. Mach_Kernel (either find one online for Mavericks or extracted from Mavericks installer)
6. FakeSMC, AppleRTC, VoodooHDA, and ACPIBatteryManager from DarwinX
7. AppleAPCIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller from IndianDragon
10. VoodooPS2Controller from Darwinx (Only for USB installer)
11. Chameleon 2.2 r2269
CREATE THE INSTALLER
1. Right click Mavericks installer and select show contents
2. Mount InstallESD.dmg
3. Use Show All Files app to show hidden files
4. Mount BaseSystem.dmg
5. Format 8+GB USB drive to single partition Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) with GUID
6. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to 8+GB USB drive
7. Rename 8+GB USB drive to something (I use Mav_USB in this instruciton)
8. Eject Mounted Basesystem.dmg
9. Open Mav_USB and delete the packages shortcut in /System/Installation
10. Open OS X Install ESD and copy the Packages folder to Mav_USB /System/Installation
11. Copy Mach_Kernel to root of Mav_USB
12. Add FakeSMC and VoodooPS2Controller Kexts to /S/L/E
13. Drag Extensions folder to Kext Utility to make Extensions.mkext
14. Copy Extensions.mkext to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup
15. Install Chameleon r2269 with FileNVRAM module selected onto Mav_USB
16. Copy your DSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and smbios.plist to the Extra folder in Mav_USB root
17. Reboot computer, boot into Mav_USB and you should get to the language select screen
18. Select your language
19. Select Utilities at the top and choose Disk Utility
20. Format your hard drive with 1 partition, Mac OS X Journaled with GUID partition scheme
21. Close disk utility and continue with the installation of OS X
***USE NEW POST INSTALLATION STEPS WITH INCLUDED FILES IN POST #84 ON PAGE 5***
1. Copy /Extra folder from Mav_USB to root of Mavericks hard drive
2. Open /S/L/E; delete AppleRTC, AppleHDA, and AppleSmartBatteryManager; then add previously mentioned Kexts to it, overwrite current kexts if necessary
3. Drag /S/L/E folder to Kext Utility to make Extensions.mkext
4. Copy Extensions.mkext to /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup
5. Install Chameleon r2269 with FileNVRAM module selected
6. Reboot system and use –v –f in Chameleon, if everything went right you should get the OS X setup screen
7. Set up your system
8. Open terminal and do the following
· sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 (this is used to fix sleep issues)
· sudo nvram -d boot-args (stops Chameleon from remembering boot flags)
9. Delete nvram.plist in from your /Extra folder
10. Reboot computer, boot into BIOS (F2) and turn off Intel Dynamic Acceleration to allow processor to run at full speed in OS X
11. Boot into OS X and enjoy.
Installed the 10.9.1 update from the App Store and install went smooth. Had to remove AppleHDA.kext after the computer restarted to get sound working because of the conflict between VoodooHDA and AppleHDA.
Installed the 10.9.2 update from the App Store. Removed AppleHDA.kext to fix audio. Everything still works.
Installed the 10.9.3 update from the App Store. Removed AppleHDA.kext to fix audio. Everything is still working as it should.
Installed the 10.9.4 update from the App Store. Removed AppleHDA.kext to fix audio. Everything is still working as it should.
Installed the 10.9.5 update from the App Store. Removed AppleHDA.kext to fix audio. Everything is still working as it should.