Acer Aspire E1-471G Hackintosh Problems

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I've just installed OS X ML 10.8.0 on my Acer Aspire E1-471G notebook, with below specifications:

Intel Core i3-2348M -- Sandy Bridge -- 2 Cores

Intel HD Graphics 3000 with NVIDIA GeForce 710M GPU

4 GB DDR3 Memory

Broadcom Wireless LAN 802.11 BCM4313

Realtek LAN 81xx

Realtek HDA ALC269

EA40_HC Motherboard

ELAN PS/2 Smart-Pad touchpad (Hardware ID: ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0501)

Generic PNP Monitor (Hardware ID: MONITOR\LGD038F)

Look, I am very noob about DSDT patches or what is it, but if it's the only way for me to get rid of these problems, I will do it.

So, my problem lists is:

1. (A question actually) I can't install OS X 10.9 Mavericks on this laptop, in the middle of installation (about 11 min remaining) when it's extracting Essentials.pkg, the installer encountered an error. So, I install ML then. Why is it that way?

2. I can't get my BCM4313 WLAN working, even after I installed AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext (which on TextWrangler says pci(something)_4313 -- it's supported actually). Please somebody upload for me this kext, or tell me how to DSDT patch, if it's necessary

3. I can't get my ALC269 HDA working, tried so many AppleHDA.kext and VoodooHDA.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext and so many kexts, none of them are working. Does it needs DSDT patch? I haven't tried, if yes, please tell me how to do it  :)

4. If I open the Notification Center, it always have some red-flicker on the scrollbar and if I open Safari, on the Top Sites page, it flickers EVERY TIME, so MANY TIMES and SLOWS DOWN my computer. Not just on Safari, but also on Launchpad, and other apps. How can I fix it?

5. I can't change my laptop brightness. No slider on System Preferences. Every one minute = -1%. How can I fix this? Reducing brightness might save A LOT of battery. Please, please somebody tell me how to patch or fix it, because I'm using this at school. (P.S: Windows: 3 hours and 41 minutes, Mac: 1 hour and 24 minute -- it only says like that, but when I let it on like that, boom! 30 minutes, run out of battery and shuts down immediately)

6. I can't install any PKGs on my hackintosh (okay, some can be installed). It always encounter me that some errors were encountered during the installation that makes Installer.app fails. I can't install MacFUSE, NTFS-3G, Java for OS X (Standalone, not from Apple Update), SmoothMouse, and more coming up) How to fix it? It's getting really annoying that this INSTALLER.APP always fails on me.

7. As I mentioned above, I am using ELAN Touchpad, how to enable the multi-finger? (it supports multi finger gestures, it's a smart-pad anyway)

8. I can't update my OS X, if I update to 10.8.5, it success, but when rebooting, I get a kernel panic that I cannot troubleshoot anymore using the installation disk (normally I can, using Terminal and myFix) as I have to reinstall Mac.

9. When my laptop comes to sleep time, it sleeps, because when I pressed/clicked any button, it asked me for password, but while sleeping, the screen IS WHITE ??? It just reducing my battery VERY QUICKLY. How exactly to fix it?

Lastly, if someone can do it for me, I'll be very thankful and grateful for it. Can anybody upload for me, the driver kexts that are compatible for my laptop?

If my questions are too much, I'm sorry. I live in a country with different time zone, so I just ask everything I want and the next morning, I hope I can get my answers.

Please answer my questions, this hackintosh is really something to me  ^_^  :angel:

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Regards,

Phillmont

PHILLMONT-PC.txt

Okay, problem number 1 is now solved. I can now run OS X Mavericks 10.9 GM on my laptop. Problem number 4 is also solved now. No more flickering on my Hackintosh. Everything looks just good. Mavericks has now detected my display adapter, the Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce 710M (the System Information says my display is "Generic Display" instead of "spdisplay_displays", and the monitor picture is now changed into MacBook Pro's picture instead of a black monitor).

But, still no brightness and other problems listed above. Any help?