Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

I have a GA-945P-S3 with LAN Realtek RTL8111B. I installed patch v1.02 and now I can connect to internet but a few seconds after that my system crash (freeze). How can I solve this? I'm desperate :D

I have OS X 10.4.6 with JAS Update 10.4.7 and 10.4.8.

It seems, that RTL8201 works fine with AppleRealtek8139.

nahdude very strange. Try to decrease packet size in network configuration.

Mutenroy show me panic message. For example try to load diver from singleuser mode.

Sorry, but now I've stuck with kernel development and have no time for this driver (cause it works perfect for me, I'm lucky? :()

It seems, that RTL8201 works fine with AppleRealtek8139.

nahdude very strange. Try to decrease packet size in network configuration.

Mutenroy show me panic message. For example try to load diver from singleuser mode.

Sorry, but now I've stuck with kernel development and have no time for this driver (cause it works perfect for me, I'm lucky? :censored2:)

Is it working with the Realtek 8139? That would be really nice, that's the one in my AMD64 Compaq laptop :(

tnx man.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=225354 has a nice description on how to fix too by the way, without having to compile.

Hell yeah. I hope I can try your solution somewhere tomorrow, if the installment of 10.4.6 from JAS is going to work... prey prey. On my compaq presario R3000 AMD 64 there is the Realtek 8139 Ethernet onboard. If that works you're my god because I need to download a lot of stuff on that newborn Mac after OSX86 is running on it :censored2:

update: even better, just saw this website:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ferluc/Fedora/

It looks like Linux/Unix systems, and Mac OSX also probably, works fine with the hardware parts... fingers crossed, enough linux drivers available :(

Hi.All

I have installed your driver on my ASUS A6TC(10.4.7 JAS) notebook vith Realtek 8168.After reboot network runs and everything seems to be OK,but after about 30sec OSX freezed. :compress:

Thanks for solutions...

10.4.7 JAS

Hi...

Same problem to... My NET Card is:

Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

But with me... it`s crash after 8 to 15 mins...

If you get solution, please help me... Working on internet foe 10 mins is not solution... :-)

It's solution for me, and people who can send real bug reports. I've downloaded through this driver gigabytes of data from LAN.

Crash can't say anything for me.

As I sad, I'm planing to fix this, but now have no time.

Can you send me, what info EXACTLY do you need, for solving the problem......?????

I have same problem... when I`m not on the net, everything works GREAT... but after 8 to 15 mins of browsing or downloading it CRASH (restart or power off)

(Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Can you send me, what info EXACTLY do you need, for solving the problem......?????

Thank`s in advance... :-)

siddharth please read the topic first. No, not working yet, try Apple driver.

programgeniusyu I need system.log with messages with debug version of the driver. And also I need to know panic message.

ok... I must first boot MAC OS X and try to find things you need...

I`m in "MAC world" for the first time in my life and very, very very noob, but i menage to do everything (installation and drivers), without seating on your head...

Since I want to erase, format, kill Windows and bee only the MAC user, I can`t continue without Internet....

And imagine my smile :-) when I see google screen for the firs time on my Intel MAC...... and my :-( when see gray swich off or restart screen... I try and I try and I try to fix it by my self.... but.... As you see I talk to the maker of driver... I know we going to find solution....

Thank`s

Oh =|

To get kernel panic message try to load in singleuser mode (boot parameter -s) and load debug version of driver manually (you can find it in archive attached to first post). After than wait until kernel panic being.

I can`t get to type -s... how can i stop loading darwin... I have two HD`s and bios boot loader.. When i go to MAC HD... system starts at once

Ok...here is it..... This is what I found.... I put it on *.rtf file......

Untitled.rtf

Well first of all. You using non-debug version of driver, so nothing useful in logs. Please refer to FAQ how-to delete kext's and load their manually.

And the second, I need panic message, for that you must crash you computer from singleuser. Only in this case mach_kernel will be print panic message to screen.

Hi.Has anybody tried r1000 driver for 8168/8111 PCIE NIC with 10.4.8?I had installed it.Result: No freezing,but still no working for me.In networking control panel is ethernet option gray.I tried to install ionetworkingfamily.kext and iopcifamily.kext from 10.4.6 MYZAR DVD.With this kexts ethernet works but freez my system same as before...damn

DaemonES

Hi.... I try at boot -s, and after uninstall driver I have, install debug and load it... and... what next.. I`m in cmd mode... wait and wait and wait... and nothing... Then I reboot and -s and it shows that debug driver is up...

Should I wait until something hapen?

Should I type exit?

Should I type /sbin/mount -uw /?

After panic message (if I get it) I must restart... and then...?