Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

My time to whine now...

I just bought an ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 (Intel 945) with Realtek 8168 Gigabit LAN. I installed the driver and it works, but at random periods of time i get the grey screen with "you need to restart your computer". I suspected that the driver might be the cause, so I disabled the NIC from BIOS and put the computer to work for half an hour. And nothing happened.

How can I find out if it's realy the driver conflicting with anything?

At the moment I'm running 10.4.6, but I'm getting the JaS 10.4.8 soon. Hopefully that will fix it.

I also have the "Kernel Panic (forced restart)" problem.

When I install the driver, the internet works. But, the system suddenly stops within a few minutes.

Seems like a conflict between the system and the driver because it becomes OK once I uninstall the driver.

I'm using Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI, Jas 10.4.7 and the onboard chip is 8111B

Hope to be solved!

Thank you.

Eunyong how many PCI devices do you use?

tomtefar this is r1000 driver, not skge :) But yes, it will work with 2 cards (but will not work with one card and 2 PHY's).

I only use onboard lan (PCI-E 8168/8111) and embeded VGA (945G). There's no other PCI device.

FIY, I connect the lan to my cable modem (Motorola SB5120).

DaemonES: I just got my AB9 Pro and it seems to detect both the network ports. :2cents: I have not tested both at the same time, don't have the equipment yet.

*If* I had one card but two PHYs, would it still detect both?? (Can this be my case but I do not notice it since I can not test both at the same time???)

My time to whine now...

I just bought an ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2 (Intel 945) with Realtek 8168 Gigabit LAN. I installed the driver and it works, but at random periods of time i get the grey screen with "you need to restart your computer". I suspected that the driver might be the cause, so I disabled the NIC from BIOS and put the computer to work for half an hour. And nothing happened.

How can I find out if it's realy the driver conflicting with anything?

At the moment I'm running 10.4.6, but I'm getting the JaS 10.4.8 soon. Hopefully that will fix it.

My Asrock ConRoe945G-DVI have same problem!

DaemonES: maybe 1.0.3 will fix that?

Works very stable on my MSI S262 notebook.

But has the problem mentioned above - it doesnt get the parameters from DHCP.

Well i just created several locations in `Network` (Home1, Home2, Work, ...) but switching them each time is qute boring :D

If you can fix this i'll be very grateful

first off, i would like to thank everyone involved in this project for their time effort and knowledge. i have this driver running successfully on an asus p5b MB running 10.4.8 w/ semthex, that has an 8111b LAN. It loads perfectly and has been very stable. The only problem is that the max DL bandwidth speed is always around 230KB, when it should be around 315KB.... about a 30% drop. I have tried changing the ethernet settings manually, but that didn't help, although i did notice that the port LEDs displayed properly. any thoughts?