Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Same here, kext won't load on Leopard. Although Leo comes (thanks to one who made release?) with

kext for 8168 and network card is recognized, it doesn't work. I took a peek inside new kext but can't

really figure out the difference between old and new one.

Ok, I changed this in info.plist:

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.5</string>

to

<string>1.4.3</string>.

Now kext loads and log displays MAC addy but theres an error thet goes something like:

Networking : cannot determine UUID or something like in that style.

Networking applet in sys preferences says that network cable is unplugged.

I think that is due to UUID error 35 that plagues Leo installations.

Funny thing is that after first Leo boot, right after install, network worked then stopped

and couldn't get IP address from DHCP anymore.

Same here, kext won't load on Leopard. Although Leo comes (thanks to one who made release?) with

kext for 8168 and network card is recognized, it doesn't work. I took a peek inside new kext but can't

really figure out the difference between old and new one.

Ok, I changed this in info.plist:

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.5</string>

to

<string>1.4.3</string>.

Now kext loads and log displays MAC addy but theres an error thet goes something like:

Networking : cannot determine UUID or something like in that style.

Networking applet in sys preferences says that network cable is unplugged.

I think that is due to UUID error 35 that plagues Leo installations.

Funny thing is that after first Leo boot, right after install, network worked then stopped

and couldn't get IP address from DHCP anymore.

same problem :)

My P35C-DS3R's onboard 8168 works in Leo (using the Apple-provided driver), but only if the network cable is connected at boot, otherwise I get an error about MAC timeout in the system log, and it never brings the link up if the cable is connected/other computer/router powered on after boot.

I don't think this Realtek chip is anywhere near as good as the Marvell 88E805x chips Gigabyte used on the 965 boards :( Decent throughput in Windows, but much higher CPU usage. I don't know why they changed chips.

Realtek R8111/8168 works for me in Leopard (Mainboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3P).

If you are a windows user, make sure to enable "Wake on lan after shutdown" in the advanced tab of your network card driver settings dialog (at least for WinXP, no idea if this also applies to Vista)

Unfortunately I can't give you a walk through. All of this is from out of my head:

My Network worked on the first reboot directly after installing Leopard. After the next reboot (probably to XP) I stopped working. I was able to see a en0 and a Mac Address, but no ping went through.

I tried the Realtek drivers from sourceforge (RealtekR1000_1.04.zip), using the contained "installrelease" script. Played a bit with loaddebug etc. and since my Network still wasn't working I used the "uninstall" script to remove the drivers, so the following might depend on whether the install/uninstall scripts worked correctly in Leopard.

Finally I remembered the "Wake on Lan after shutdown" workaround that was necessary with my old board. I enabled it in XP, rebooted to Leopard and voila, working Lan :rolleyes:

I had same problem network work only if i go from Vista -> Leopard (network led is on) and win XP disable its power and driver do not know how to properly turn it on... strange i had same problem with Ubuntu 7.4 but its fixed in Ubuntu 7.10 :( i bet new driver can fix it or that Wake on Lan after shutdown will help in mean time :)

I've got it installed from the koolkal 10.4.10 package...

i've noticed that if i dont have the ethernet cable plugged into it, mac can't go past the startup apple screen

once in a while the computer also restarts itself, i've got a feeling it's because of the R1000 driver...not 100% sure though

is there anyway to fix this??? sorry i'm a n00b to hackintosh

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: Asrock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 Bios 1.30

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

Memory: 2 X 1GB DDR2

HD: Seagate 500GB SATA

Jas Mac OS X 10.4.8; updated to 10.4.10 with koolkal

Hi i 'm a newbie of osx world Installation of toh rc2 leopard 10.5 stop when integrated lan of my pc is active so i during installation i have disabled it by bios (my motherboard is a asus p4p800s-x) After installation i have enabled my lan (realtek chipset 8101L ) and leopard show me it in utility network as 8139 (led is yellow)and show also mac address and options to configure it but when i go in network preference and try to configure it and insert manually ip of my router and click apply the system freeze and i must restart osx

rtl1.xxx installer freeze in toh rc2 so i have tried to manually install driver from :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/

but debug installation report this:

batmans-acpi:desktop batman$ cd realtekr1000

batmans-acpi:realtekr1000 batman$ sh loaddebug

file attribute adjusting for RealtekR1000.kext

extension RealtekR1000.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension RealtekR1000.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: RealtekR1000.kext loaded successfully

batmans-acpi:realtekr1000 batman$

In attachements my system log when running loaddebug

After installation network led is green but it's impossible connect to internet What is the problem???

Hello,

i have a big Problem. My Gigabyte P35 DS3R Board was broken and i get a new one. Now ... i cant get ethernet working. The first Board works fine. I had installed the original Realtek-Driver and it works. Now i can test every driver and nothing works. Where can i look? Is there a logfile? Sorry for my english! :-) Any Ideas?

Greetz

HiFiRe

Hi i 'm a newbie of osx world Installation of toh rc2 leopard 10.5 stop when integrated lan of my pc is active so i during installation i have disabled it by bios (my motherboard is a asus p4p800s-x) After installation i have enabled my lan (realtek chipset 8101L ) and leopard show me it in utility network as 8139 (led is yellow)and show also mac address and options to configure it but when i go in network preference and try to configure it and insert manually ip of my router and click apply the system freeze and i must restart osx

rtl1.xxx installer freeze in toh rc2 so i have tried to manually install driver from :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/

but debug installation report this:

batmans-acpi:desktop batman$ cd realtekr1000

batmans-acpi:realtekr1000 batman$ sh loaddebug

extension RealtekR1000.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension RealtekR1000.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: RealtekR1000.kext loaded successfully

batmans-acpi:realtekr1000 batman$

In attachements my system log when running loaddebug

After installation network led is green but it's impossible connect to internet What is the problem???

working solution for rtl 8101l

use this procedure with attachement

open terminal and apply these codes.

CODE

sudo su

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

cp -R <path to>/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext

touch /System/Library/Extensions

shutdown -r now

PCGenRTL8139Ethernet_1.2.0.zip

hi, I have the same problem.

Mine is a Realtek 8168 and it worked the first time I installed Leopard. but, after that the led is green, but the internet refuses to work.

I'm using the R1000 kext.

any ideas?

Realtek RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168/RTL8111C

official driver for Mac OS X (Intel):

ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

ftp://202.65.194.212/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

ftp://61.56.86.122/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

You also may find these links on Realtek site.

I have MB ASRock ConRoe 945-G DVI and this driver works fine with integrated NIC.

I'm using it right now on JAS 10.4.8

I have MB ASRock ConRoe 945-G DVI and this driver works fine with integrated NIC.

and how do i install the kext?

DaemonES

plz check my error , what have to do..??

bash-3.2# ./installdebug

kernel extension RealtekR1000.kext has problems:

Authentication failures:

{

"File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other)" = (

"/Users/phreakazoidz/Desktop/RealtekR1000/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext"

"/Users/phreakazoidz/Desktop/RealtekR1000/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

"/Users/phreakazoidz/Desktop/RealtekR1000/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents"

"/Users/phreakazoidz/Desktop/RealtekR1000/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS/RealtekR1000"

"/Users/phreakazoidz/Desktop/RealtekR1000/build/Debug/RealtekR1000.kext/Contents/MacOS"

)

}

Warnings:

{

Thanks

:lol:

I tried this driver with Leopard and had a no-go. Now the ethernet hardware is not even being detected.

Is there a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...

try this driver from realtek

This driver work with leopard....!! and tiger!

<_<