Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

DaemonES:Yes I guess it.Never mind.I am hapy that I can connect to internet now.I will try to learn programming and write a script which runs terminal and load the kext hehe.Any idea? :tomato::D

Edited by gajda

gajda:

Stick the driver into some other directory besides /System/Library/Extensions

Then go into /etc and add the line

kextload /the_dir_where_you_put_the_kext/RealtekR1000.kext

to the file rc.local

Edited by tomtefar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed the latest driver, and although at first glance is seems to work great, it gets unstable after a few minutes of usage.

After a few minutes of usage, the connection dies. I can't ping anything anymore, safari won't load pages, etc. Unloading the kext and then loading it again gives me the ability to ping, but as soon as I try to load a webpage, the network died again. No more ping replies, just nothing.

I've compiled the driver myself, with Debug configuration. Dmesg shows a lot of activity, even when the connection dies. In the system.log I can see that at a certain time (probably when the connection died) it only receives packets with packet len of '60'. Before that, it received packet lengths of arbitrary sizes.

I really have no idea what could be causing this. If you want, I can send you attach a copy of my system.log.

My hardware is a ConRoe945G-DVI running JaS 10.4.8 DVD.

Hello!

Please start working on the NVidia Go 6100 driver, because a lot of PC laptop users want to Install Mac OSX on their computers, but they are afraid, that they can't use OpenGL/QE/CI, and this (sadly) stay at Windows XP!!!

Please help me!!!

If it will work I will DONATE!!!

THX a lot.

remenic do you using AHCI mode for SATA hdds?

roccoo heh, open terminal, enter to the driver dir and type sh installdebug.sh. It may not work on 10.4.1, maybe recompilation is required.

MacAndor you rock man :D Now I'm working on driver for series of JMicron PCI-E to SATA/PATA converters, and Attansic Gigabit LAN. I do not planning to work on nVidia 6100 driver, cause:

1. I have no hardware.

2. Video drivers are very complex. Of course I can contribute GeForce 6100 support to macvidia project, but now I'm not planning to do that.

Edited by DaemonES

Man!!!

I realy woul'd need that stuff, but I don't have a lot of programming skills, just a bit! If you could tell me how to write or rewrite a driver, then that would be realy good!!! I realy don't wanna bug you, but I need that "{censored}"!!!

Please help!

I only want to make OSX more popular in the laptop rounds.

Sorry for my eglish, but i'm from Hungary.

THX

So DaemonES, I take it you don't know why my NIC stops working after a while? Please just say so (it won't hurt you, and it won't slim your chances of ever being an Apple employee!), because then I can stop refreshing this thread every once in a while :D

It's kinda strange, because I bought this specific mainboard as it seems to be pretty popular around here, and for most people it works without problems. Just not for me :angry:

Thanks anyway!

DaemonES: Sorry for not responding until now on the question of how much RAM I have on the system that gives me the graphics chip error.

My system RAM is 2Gb and the memory on the 6500 TC is 64Mb. All the other NVIDIA cards I have tried have had 256 Mb.

remenic may I guess, you have the nVidia card? But I think the issue is something deeper in network equipment, which you have. Please submit bug through bugtracker at sourceforge, and post you full specs, including router and so on.

tomtefar thanks, I have an idea how to solve you problem.

tinga great, but looks very strange.

I have installed RealtekR1000.kext and the first time I boot after installation the driver works perfectly. However the second time I boot my system freezes when it tries to start the loginwindow. I found a workaround for this problem. If I delete the /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache it will boot again. Ofcourse this is a far from optimal solution, any ideas as to what causes this weird problem.

My system: Asus V6j (laptop)

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8168/81111