Radeon R9 270X framebuffer issue

Vlada.

55 members have voted

1. 1. Binary-patch R9 270X tool pack v1.7 / Vote if you have DVI or HDMI connector issues

• GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-2GD Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-4GD Radeon R9 270X 4GB
    • MSI R9 270X GAMING 2G Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • MSI Radeon R9 270X GAMING 4GB
    • SAPPHIRE 100364L Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • SAPPHIRE 100364TXSR Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100364VXL Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • SAPPHIRE 100364-4GL Radeon R9 270X 4GB 384-Bit (Dual-X Edition)
    • ASUS DirectCU II R9270X-DC2T-2GD5 Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • ASUS DirectCU II R9270X-DC2T-4GD5 Radeon R9 270X 4GB
    • XFX Double D R9-270X-CDFC Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • XFX R9-270X-CDBC Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • PowerColor DEVIL AXR9 270X 2GBD5-A2DHE Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • PowerColor PCS+ AXR9 270X 2GBD5-PPDHE Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • HIS IceQ X² Turbo Boost Clock H270XQMT2G2 Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • HIS Mini IceQ X² Boost H270XQMS2G2M Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    • Club3D royalQueen CGAX-R927X6 Radeon R9 270X 2GB

311 posts in this topic

Guys, how do I "force" the computer to use a particular framebuffer? I am using an unsupported video card (AMD FirePro W7100), and patching kexts in order to have it work. I have added the device ID to AMD9000Controller, and am injecting connector info with Clover. I am starting with the Basset framebuffer and editing the connector data using this guide, and also injecting with Clover. I can see that when I make changes to the connector info in the personality, it affects my output to the monitor. In other words, I can get different displays (I have two connected via DP), but not both, to work based on what I use for the connector info, but no matter what, when I run ioreg I don't see the Basset framebuffer being used. If I don't inject a framebuffer, OS X properly detects my two connected displays, but with all kinds of artifacts and stuttering. No matter what, whether I inject the framebuffer or not, whether the displays work correctly or not, I only see AMDFramebuffer being used. Never Basset or anything else. Can anyone tell me how to force the framebuffer to be used, instead of the default?

I'm on El Capitan 10.11.1, latest Clover, running either MacPro6,1 or iMac15,1 SMBIOS (doesn't appear to make a difference)

• 1 month later...

Need some help. 

My Sapphire R9 270X is being detected as a AMD HD7xxx 2048MB GFX in El Capitan on my Skylake Hackintosh. H/W Acceleration seems to be working fine since I can playback content from VLC just fine and my dual monitor setup is also working properly. 

I installed the R9 270 series driver pack from the 'Best Answer' reply. However, that did absolutely nothing. Am I supposed to do anything else now?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

//

Inject your framebuffer using clover 

<key>FBName</key>
<string>Futomaki/string>

and

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
  <key>ATI</key>
  <true/>
</dict>

//

<key>FBName</key>
<string>Basset</string>

and

<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
</dict>

or a DSDT edit

I ran cinebench after that and got 98fps. I would guess my cpu is adding the extra fps in cinebench but you are @4.5 and mine is auto to 4.0, and you have 270X which is a little faster than mine. I don't understand why your GpuTest 1024x640 windowed score is so much higher than mine or why my fullscreen 1920x180 is so much higher than yours :P

Smaller bigger screen more computing power needed

1hZd7cy.png

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Yes ... you have to edit your buffer to strings length in hex + 1 (A string length of 16dec would result in 0x10 + 1 => 0x11)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a real Macintosh MacPro4,1

and a gfx card SAPPHIRE R9 270X Vapor-X 2G D5 - 2 Go

I got a black screen when starting up and go directly to my actual user desktop.

not a really big deal BUT

I can't use any booting option like 

Alt / Option key to be able to choose which system to boot to. (ie for Bootcamp)

and even Apple + S to boot single user - terminal

or Apple + R to repair / disk utilities...

so I don't have Clover installed, and don't know if its possible and OK as it is a real Apple Mac Pro (not hackintosh)

system info say card is AMD Radeon HD 7xxx 2048 Mo
but if I got to the PCI tab of system info app. I got a message with error when grabbing your PCI device infos...)

My card have the following outputs : 

1x DVI-I

1x DVI-D

1x Display Port

1x HDMI

Sorry I'm a kind of newbie about hackintosh, clover... and so.

but I really apreciate any advice about this...

Thanks very much for your help

Need some help. 

My Sapphire R9 270X is being detected as a AMD HD7xxx 2048MB GFX in El Capitan on my Skylake Hackintosh. H/W Acceleration seems to be working fine since I can playback content from VLC just fine and my dual monitor setup is also working properly. 

I installed the R9 270 series driver pack from the 'Best Answer' reply. However, that did absolutely nothing. Am I supposed to do anything else now?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

See my post here on editing the 'Hamachi' Framebuffer for multiple displays and proper device recognition with the Sapphire R9 270X.

- Matt

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

I needs some help with Sapphire Dual X 7970 3GB card.  I remember i flashed it in windows to ghz edition few years ago.  I am trying to make it work with El Capitan 10.11.3.  I am using clover FBName Hamachi now to be able to get to desktop just connecting white DVI port.  My card is recognized only having 15MB of ram and its slow no acceleration.  I am also using 0x67981002 as fake ID in Devices for ATI.  I have fix display in acpi fixes for ATI.  I have tried to download vBios for my card and place it in ROM folder and Load VBios option but i only get black screen.  I don't know what else I can try? Different FBNames gives me same black screen only Hamachi gives me some kind of desktop.  Going crazy here :)  thanks all

• 3 months later...

Yeah. All I get is a quick flash after finishing the boot process. Just like that flash you get when you are going to get video but here nothing shows up. I guess the opposite was supposed to happen: when I have the ID on those kexts, I should get video and when I don't have the ID inserted, I shouldn't get. But the inverse is happening.

I found out that the problem is when X4000 gets loaded. I get video (even though w/o acceleration) if only 7000Controller is loaded, but I get no video at all if X4000 gets loaded.

My boot loader is chameleon 2.3svn r2468.

EDIT:

Alright, turns out I was adding my device ID on the wrong personality in the X4000 kext. And I also had to remove the DSDT patch (thought I had to use both DSDT and kexts). Now everything is working. Many thanks!!!

I got same issue just like yours. quick flash after finishing doing boot process or panic on x4000 after inserted the id 0x68111002.

How do you adding device id on the x4000 kext the correct way?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I need to get this working on a 10.8.5 system (I know... older but it's necessary). 

1) I have ATI7000Controller.kext (and can add device ID)

2) I have X4000.bundle (nothing in this has any device IDs)

3) There is no X4000.kext (I'm guessing that might be a 10.9+ thing?)

Anyway, with the older OS and Chameleon as my bootloader: I am trying to add the DSDT injector since I assume that should work.

4) My extracted DSDT (for an HP z800 mobo) doesn't have a PEGP section.. the device ID address thing for my graphics appears to be quite different.

5) I can add the injector code no problem but MaciASL says DTGP doesn't exist or isn't defined or something....

6) I looked that up and found out I need to define it in the DSDT, but when I try to add the DTGP code I get:  input file does not appear to be an asl or data table source file

Thoughts?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

vlada  u need to update this for Sierra after installation  thru clover or with the dmg I get  black screen  no hdmi signal I'm not good with editing  n  finding dps  as many some others to 

Unfortunately, I am not able to do that mostly due the fact that I'm not using AMD GPU anymore.

There is another topic that I was started during that period where I was explained whole procedure step by step, so I suggest you to check it, if you didn't already.

[HOW TO] Modification of AMD FB + Clover injection

• 1 year later...

I'm know thats topic about r9 270x, but i know that my asus hd 7870 hd is the same gpu

So, i have a problem:

in about mac all is normal (on screenshot)

but in game like dota 2 i have 10 fps. I know that mac is not for game and bla bla bla.... but i think i can have 60-80 fps

p.s. this is a link to gpu 

https://www.overclockers.ua/video/amd-radeon-hd7870-asus-dc2tg/all/

my os: hs 10.13.3

p.s.s. my fb is pitcairn xt

Edited by horpion