iAtkos ML2 black screen with nVidia drivers

4 posts in this topic

I successfully installed iAtkos ML2 (10.8.2) with Nvidia drivers disabled (installing with them enabled resulted in a blank screen after installation reboot.) Everything works well out of the box except the graphics card which I can't get to work correctly.

I tried installing Nvidia 304.00.05f02 drivers for 10.8.2, but upon reboot the screen goes black (no signal) after Apple logo.

I tried a couple of combinations of these bootflags, but no luck so far (-x -v PCIRootUID=0/1 PciRoot=0/1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No.)

Without the drivers I'm stuck at 1024x768 resolution and really bad graphics performance sometimes resulting in freezes (e.g. when I open Top Sites in Safari, Safari starts flickering and I get the infamous beachball.) Chameleon (right before the boot) shows my card as VESA 3.0 14MB.

Here's my system info:

Intel Core i5 655k

AsRock P55 PRO/USB3

PointofView GTX275 896MB

4GB Corsair Dominator 1600GHz RAM

and I guess that's all that's important.

Note that the GPU is inserted in the second PCIE slot (x4) as the first one got damaged awhile ago.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.

This can be frustrating but because your using iAtkos which is a distro; its hard to know what exactly the problem is because most moderators/supervisors/etc, will tell you not to use any type of OS X distro.  I can only point you in the direction t go download OS X from the Mac App Store.  

I doubt it has much to do with the distro itself, but rather with how the drivers utilize my card as I've already tried other options (myHack and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]) and those had the same problem. I doubt much would change if I tried to install it clean.