Ralink 5370 [Edup N8531] On Mavericks.

avin7000

1 post in this topic

Hi guys. I just bought EDUP - N8531 USB WiFi for my Dell XPS L501x which is running Mavericks. After googling I came to know it has Ralink 5370 chipset. 

1. First I installed the package from here link and rebooted. It installed Ralink which shows up in my top bar. It has two options, Turn on Internet Sharing and Open Wireless Utility. When I click on Open Wireless Utility nothing happens. Also in the launchpad there is new icon 'WirelessUtility' when I open it nothing happens. 

2. I uninstalled that package and installed this kext : link with Kext Wizard. I rebooted my machine, went to Settings > Network, I thought it would show wifi, but it did not. 

3. Now I re-installed the official drivers and installed the kext manually [hoping this would override the kexts installed by the package]. Still same problem as in 1, nothing happens when I open up 'Wireless Utility' 

4. I uninstalled the package  and then I downloaded the zip file from this post, installed the prefane. and also the application. And rebooted. When I open that 'RalinkAirport' from application, it says connecting on the top bar, and then vanishes. In Prefane, in 'Link state' it says 'No device'

What to do guys? Any help appreciated. Thank you!

• Like 1