GA-X79-UP4 I7 4930K wrong information

ergot

6 posts in this topic

finally i succedded to have it working with 10.9 (still no audio) but i have many issues or maybe cosmetics issues (?),

in about my CPU recognised as Xeon 6 cores is it normal? my RAM recognised as  1333 when NOT chosen xmp profile in BIOS, when chosen profile one (to have the full speed) the RAM is "0"

my board is X79 but the system recognise my chip set as C600...Geekbench score I'm getting is very low...

USB 3.0 recognised; how to check real speed of the ports??

the Audio is recognised as intel HD but no sound (i have external USB for now)

see attached pictures from my system...

BTW, network is working only with DSDT file, this DSDT file I've used to enable audio :) but then network was working only...

Anyone can help me to understand better how to fix everything and make the system 100% function?

Thanks

post-474300-0-83030300-1385807852.png

post-474300-0-75343400-1385807859.png

post-474300-0-00573300-1385807870.png

post-474300-0-09554500-1385807877.png

finally i succedded to have it working with 10.9 (still no audio) but i have many issues or maybe cosmetics issues (?),
in about my CPU recognised as Xeon 6 cores is it normal? my RAM recognised as  1333 when NOT chosen xmp profile in BIOS, when chosen profile one (to have the full speed) the RAM is "0"
my board is X79 but the system recognise my chip set as C600...Geekbench score I'm getting is very low...
USB 3.0 recognised; how to check real speed of the ports??
the Audio is recognised as intel HD but no sound (i have external USB for now)
see attached pictures from my system...

BTW, network is working only with DSDT file, this DSDT file I've used to enable audio :) but then network was working only...
Anyone can help me to understand better how to fix everything and make the system 100% function?

Thanks

upload darwindumper report

Got the same mobo as you with the 3930K.

Having your CPU recognised under the hood as a 6-core Xeon is actually a good thing - no real macs use 6-core i7's. It helps compatibility in certain situations so I'm told. If you want it to say i7 instead (cosmetic fix) look into modding about this mac.

Unsure why your ram says 1333 or 0. Mine has always been recognised as 1600, unless turning the xmp profile off, in which case it's recognised as 1333 (you have 1600MHz DDR3 right?). Check bios memory profile settings again. If you're on F4 bios I feel sorry for you... it's buggy as all hell but you can't use the earlier versions because you're on Ivy-E. There may be nothing you can do until a bios update comes along.

What's your geekbench score? Depending on your overclock, it should be somewhere close to 21000 (64-bit) 19000 (32-bit) in GB3.

To test USB 3, just copy some files to a USB 3 disk. If your write speeds are 100MB/s+, you're good.

To get audio working, install HDAEnabler1.kext, then patch AppleHDA. To patch, download and follow the instructions here: https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC892

Hi xpamadeus, please see attached

Long cat,

i have 2133mhz ram, if i put xmp profile 1 in BIOS windows recognise it fully OSX not, shown as "0". Yes my board is F4...

Geekbench score attached...something is wrong obviously 

For USB 3 i think its ok :)

as for audio i have try this before but not work, will try again

Thanks for your help!!!

DarwinDumper_2.8.8_Chameleon_2.2_X64_Mav_ergot.zip

post-474300-0-68663800-1385814972_thumb.png

That method should work for audio on this board. If it doesn't, there is a second way I can show you, let me know. Make sure kexts are installed properly (use a kext utility) and that you follow the instructions exactly.

That Geekbench score is weird. What's performance like? Laggy? Or could it be an error on the part of Geekbench? Try other benchmarking programs to confirm. One thing that strikes me as weird is that your results list '1 Processor' but not the number of cores or threads. Take a look here (should say 1 processor, 6 cores, 12 threads): http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/241976 That could indicate that GB is only using one of your 6 cores without multithreading, which would make sense seeing as your single core score is what you'd expect.

As you've managed to boot your PC, obviously your memory isn't actually running at 0MHz when using the XMP profile, so chances are it could be a cosmetic error. Maybe try another third party program to confirm you're still at 1333MHz as per that GB screenshot? The F4 bios is horrible. With my SB-E processor, it wrecked all overclock settings, trashed key bios functions rendered the PC un-bootable as far as OS X was concerned (and no it wasn't a bad flash). I had to go back to F3. F4 is supposed to work better with IB-E, but reports out there still say it's a horrible bios even for those processors. Some things may just be weird until a better version comes along.

thanks long cat,

the system is running fine, everything looks OK except the onboard sound,the system recognize 1 cpu 6 cores 12 t but in GB not which might be a BIOS settings..?

one thing i can see that in the link you gave its a mac pro 3,1 and im using 5,1 ; in the installation process i remember it says to pick 3,1 can it be related?

I guess i need to wait for BIOS update first or install 10.8...hopefully this will be much more stable.