very old AMD CPU and Mavericks

granik

14 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

tried Pandora. all the same 

invalid user opcode 64

probably not enough RAM

i believe this is an issue with the kernel(s)

i can get 10.8.5 "working" with Bronya mach_10.8.5_rc5 and this error constanly running (nice to see nvidia fully supported)

Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode: F0 48 F C7 F 75 EF 5B
12/2/13 6:03:30.000 AM    kernel[0]    *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

as far as mavericks i have never got to the desktop :( closest was BSA_kernel4 but ends with a MACH Reboot

what AMD family is your cpu?

i posted this like a month ago but in a stupid place... [AMD] Working Builds!

i noticed your sig say "sound AC'97 (ALC850) don't work in ML"

i found a working 64 bit driver ;) right here in this forum ...guess i didnt look hard enough

Sound    : fixed with AppleAC97Audio.kext

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i believe this is an issue with the kernel(s)

i can get 10.8.5 "working" with Bronya mach_10.8.5_rc5 and this error constanly running (nice to see nvidia fully supported)

Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode: F0 48 F C7 F 75 EF 5B
12/2/13 6:03:30.000 AM    kernel[0]    *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

as far as mavericks i have never got to the desktop :( closest was BSA_kernel4 but ends with a MACH Reboot

what AMD family is your cpu?

i posted this like a month ago but in a stupid place... [AMD] Working Builds!

Hi, I am using the same Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe MB as yours with different CPU (Athlon 64 x2 4200+).

However I always got the same Opemu invalid user 64-bit opcode as yours too during booting of 10.8.5

Can you boot it to login desktop at 10.8.5 ?

Do you use rc5 kernel with what boot flags ?

Maybe I should change my ATI Radeon 4850 to Nvidia GT 9400 for another test.

Any progress here ?

Unfortunately all Bronya kernels including the newest rc7fix still keep on getting errors as invalid user opcode x64 for AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ in Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe at 10.9.1 & 10.9.4.

Both AppleNForceATA and NForceLAN were updated to x64 versions.

Don't know whether it's due to kernel or kext problem ?

I guess there is no further improvement of patched kernel for those very old AMD CPUs which lack the CMPXCHG16B instruction like mine.

At best only 10.7.5 is working now !

Edited by jsl