Toshiba L850 no Turbo Boost or intermediate P states

karlcloudy

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm running Mavericks on my Toshiba L850 and haven't had much luck getting more than 2 P States working so far. I've tried a few things, but no matter what I always only seem to have 12x and 25x multipliers (CPU is 3210M) with no intermediate or turbo states. I am using CloverEFI even though this is a UEFI system as this Insyde based UEFI appears to have major issues booting OS X (will freeze a little while after logging in and requires the Aptio fix to even start booting). This system uses a Radeon 7670M with no switchable graphics functionality, so the Intel HD 4000 doesn't exist here.

So far I have tried:

• Using Clover to automatically generate the SSDT with various settings for Generating P states and C states
  • Leaving the default OEM SSDT in place
  • Dropping OEM SSDT and not having clover create one (still get 12x, 25x)
  • Using ssdtPrGen to produce an SSDT for this CPU for Clover to use
  • Various SMBIOS profiles (currently on MacBookPro9,2, but did try MacMini6,2 and iMac13,2

All of these with no luck. I have attached the SSDT and DSDT I'm currently using to this post :)

Am I missing something obvious or is there something more nefarious going on?

run the following command in terminal:

kextstat|grep -y nullcpu

OK, it does appear to be loaded. I have looked into it further and it is in /S/L/E.... but it doesn't show up in finder which is where I was looking for it. Can see it on the directory listing in terminal though, so I'll delete it and report back.

HACKBOOK-PRO:~ karl$ kextstat | grep -y nullcpu
   13    0 0xffffff7f8087f000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>

OK, it does appear to be loaded. I have looked into it further and it is in /S/L/E.... but it doesn't show up in finder which is where I was looking for it. Can see it on the directory listing in terminal though, so I'll delete it and report back.

HACKBOOK-PRO:~ karl$ kextstat | grep -y nullcpu
   13    0 0xffffff7f8087f000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.NullCPUPowerManagement (1.0.0d2) <7 4 3>

OK, you used myHack to set up right? move myHack.kext out of S/L/E and install FakeSMC, Voodoops2 kexts. In Clover config.plist, turn on ASUSAICPM kext patch and reboot.

OK, you used myHack to set up right? move myHack.kext out of S/L/E and install FakeSMC, Voodoops2 kexts. In Clover config.plist, turn on ASUSAICPM kext patch and reboot.

Nah, but removing NullCPUPowerManagement and turning on Clover's IntelCPUPM patch option to deal with the locked MSR has fixed the issue :lol: . I had already installed FakeSMC, the PS2 and battery kexts before beginning this. The only thing I haven't gotten working is the HDMI, since I haven't been able to get a DSDT patch working for that (and it's Insyde, so I assume the AMI patch isn't going to work for it although I did try it). I don't use HDMI audio very often anyway, and I have the ALC269VC working anyway so it's all good.

Full complement of P states now reported properly using MSRDumper:

29/11/2013 02:47:56.000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(12) 
29/11/2013 02:47:56.000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 22 25 28 29 31 

Thanks for your help, I should have checked what kexts were loaded before assuming NullCPUPowerManagement hadn't reared it's ugly head  :hysterical: