AMD - ASRock 970 Extreme 3 AMD FX 6300 - Installation Mavericks Or Mountain Lion ?

YungRaj

5 posts in this topic

Guys I really need help on installing either ML or Mavericks on my computer

On the ML bootloader for the installer(I used iAtkos ML2), but everytime I try to boot to the installer it instantly reboots no matter what bootflags I use. Same with the mavericks installer but I somehow managed to luckily get it to the installer and past the installation with some really long boot flags.

I have actually tried installing both, and ironically Mavericks has been more successful, because I have gotten past the installation I just cannot boot at all, from either my installer USB, or my bootloader, that doesn't even load. I get the error Missing Operating System after installation says it was successful. My installer log during installation said the disk could not be made bootable at all, not sure what that means but I am pretty sure that might some relevance to my issue.

I had to boot to the Mavericks Installer with flags luckily somehow but otherwise it would randomly reboot after loading the kexts. 

-v -f -x npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes busratio=20 cpus=6 (6 cores on my 1 processor)

PLS Note that I used myHack and the InstallESD.dmg for my installation for Mavericks as well as the kernel that I posted below as well as my installation and setup.

I used this kernel because it apparently works for my particular CPU, with is the FX 6300.

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3631-kernel-os-x-mavericks-109-amd/

I might've messaged a few of y'all pertaining to the help that I need

Please help me I bought an Objective C book and I can't afford to buy a Mac so this is literally my only option. I don't want to use VMWARE for Mountain Lion because that is just too slow and annoying to even use at all. 

Right now I am actually posting from my Snow leopard dual boot that I had to modify to get working

I had to inject my bootflags because I have 16GB of RAM and it is a 32 BIT setup so I had to go to my chameleon bootplist and inject my bootflags inside to get it to boot everytime successfully without having to type them everytime 

The bootflags were (-f busratio=20 cpus=6 maxmem=4096)

My setup is

AMD FX 6300

ASRock 970 Extreme 3

Nvidia GT210

16 GB of DDR3 RAM 

Toshiba 1 TB Hard Drive

DVD Drive (lollll)

I also posted on 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/?p=1970935

if anyone wants to reply there

I used this kernel without any panics, I just get a Missing Operating System Error and if I try to boot from my USB instead because the BootLoader doesn't load with the same boot flags that I used to load my installer, I get an instant reboot.

You get this message because you're trying either to boot with Chameleon or boot a MBR disk using UEFI mode. To use UEFI boot, you need Clover installed on the EFI partition of a GUID disk. If you wan't to keep using Chameleon or MBR, you need to set legacy mode in your BIOS, whatever the name it has on it.

All the best!