Asus P8B75-M - Maverick SMC Error

Andrejamtv1

32 posts in this topic

Hello friends, I would ask for help, two weeks trying to boot OSX maverick without safe mode, but failed. Whatever I try, throw FakeSMC kext etc.. fails, I always get this error
SMC :: smcReadKeyAction MSDS kSMCBadArgumentError ERROR (0x89) = fKeyHashTable 0x0xffffff801227b8e0
and I can only boot in system safe mode. I ask for your help on this.
Thank you

System:
Win 7_I'm trying to cross on OSX Maverick 10.9
Graphic: Asus ATI 7770HD
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M
Audio: VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Processor: Intel i5 3350P Ivy Bridge
Lan/Wifi: Realtek® 8111F-VB-CG, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
RAM: 8GB

hello

is the ati working ?

smc key errors is common in mavs and 10.8.5

try to boot without graphics.. rename the amd7000controller.kext amd7000controller.kext.orig

and amdx4000.kext amdx4000.kext.orig

boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

• Like 1

Boot to safe mode... download fbrotate. Run fbrotate (so it asks for permission) then System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login items add fbrotate and boot normally. You can try the AtiConfig=Chutoro at the bootloader as well.

More on 7000 series White Screen & fbrotate here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287626-guide-bypass-the-white-screen-for-ati-hd-7xxx-1083/

That didn't help your white screen? Try another AtiConfig... Or as artur-pt said. Boot into safemode Rename your AMD Files (AMD7000Controller.kext & AMDx4000.kext to an extension .original) in System/Library/Extenstions reboot with "-f UsekernelCache=No"

As for SMC error, try a different model SMBios

No, it did not help. I changed the name amd 7000 controller.kext to amd7000controller.kext.orig and amdx4000.kext to amdx4000.kext.orig, but  again have a file extension like this amd7000controller.kext.orig.kext, is that ok?

I'll try to change SMBios, now it's on iMac 13.2

Thanks for any help, if you find a solution, please tell me, because I'm going crazy becouse of this error  smcReadKeyAction MSDS

Thanks a lot

No, it did not help. I changed the name amd 7000 controller.kext to amd7000controller.kext.orig and amdx4000.kext to amdx4000.kext.orig, but again have a file extension like this amd7000controller.kext.orig.kext, is that ok?

I'll try to change SMBios, now it's on iMac 13.2

Thanks for any help, if you find a solution, please tell me, because I'm going crazy becouse of this error smcReadKeyAction MSDS

Thanks a lot

No .kext at the end, so like this amd7000controller.kext.orig

Hello friends, everything you wrote I tried and again the same error occurs.

Is there another solution?

Would it be better to install another OSS?

Get TransMac, it's a Windows Application (not sure if the trial lets you delete files, if not you can find it at popular sites ;)) . Otherwise in OS X, MOVE (Right, Copy, Hold Atl or Windows Key depending on your keyboard, right click on the desktop and click Move Files Here).

Reboot with the bootflag "-v -f UseKernelCache=No" then report here.