alpha.delta

14 posts in this topic

Install Fusion Drive With Clover Easy step

1) boot to usb installer with clover. http://cloverboot.weebly.com

2) Open Disk Utility ease hdd ssd for Fusion Drive

3) Open Terminal

diskutil list

seek for HDD SSD Device /dev/diskX 

diskutil cs create “Fusion Drive” disk[Y SSD] disk[X HDD]  # or disk[Y SSD]s[YA SSD partition] disk[X HDD]s[XA HDD Partition]

when this operation success you will got UUID

copy it

diskutil coreStorage createVolume [Fusion Drive UUID] jhfs+ "[Name The Drive]" 100%

4) open disk Utility format Fusion drive as HFS+

5) install OS X to Fusion Drive

6) Open Terminal

mkdir /Volumes/{EFI,ESP1,ESP2} 
diskutil list

remember  Fusion drive,Usb installer  Device /dev/diskX 

/dev/disk0
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         499.8 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OS X               134.2 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         249.7 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OS X               134.2 MB   disk1s3
/dev/disk2
   0:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD           *748.9 GB   disk2
/dev/disk3
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *8.0 GB     disk3
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk3s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Install OS X Mavericks  7.7 GB     disk3s2

mount EFI partition on USB installer

mount -t msdos /dev/disk3s1 /Volumes/EFI

Mount Fusion Drive EFI Partition

mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/ESP1 
mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/ESP2

Copy data in EFI partition to Fusion drive

cp -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/ /Volumes/ESP1/EFI/
cp -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/ /Volumes/ESP1/EFI/

7) Install Ethernet kext to Fusion Drive for first Login

cp -r /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9/RTL81111.kext/ /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System /System/Library/Extensions/RTL81111.kext/  #replace RTL81111.kext with your ethernet or wifi kext

8) Restart boot form UEFI Bios menu choose UEFI: SSD Model

9) After post installations you must install clover component for load and save NVRAM

Screen+Shot+2557-01-30+at+2.26.31.png

10) Open Disk Utility get info about fusion drive partition and copy UUID

fusion.png

11) mount EFI partition open Clover's config.plist at EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist set Default Volume by put UUID=[uUID you copy from Disk Utility] to boot section as ( easy edit config.plist with Clover Configure )

<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>UUID=58376EA1-C080-3883-9B1D-3A8DE1BA1177</string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>5</integer>
    </dict>

Screen+Shot+2557-01-31+at+1.22.33.png

12) Complete

#P.S. Load Nvram Script

if nvram not load to system you can use this script to fix it.

You must enable iCloud, iMessage Before use this.

save this code as FusionLoadNvram.command or Download and Run one.

Script Base on http://www.idelta.info/archives/nvram_on_hackintosh/

osascript -e 'do shell script "sudo echo \"nvram -xp > /nvram.plist;chflags hidden /nvram.plist;\" >> /etc/rc.shutdown.local;sudo nvram -xp > /tmp/nvram;sudo cp -r /tmp/nvram /nvram.plist;sudo rm -rf /tmp/nvram;sudo chflags hidden /nvram.plist;sudo rm -rf /tmp/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist;sudo cat >> /tmp/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist << EOF
<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC \"-/Apple/DTD PLIST 1.0/EN\" \"http:/www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd\">
<plist version=\"1.0\">
  <dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram</string>
    <key>KeepAlive</key>
    <true/>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
      <string>/usr/sbin/nvram</string>
      <string>-xf</string>
      <string>/nvram.plist</string>
    </array>
    <key>UserName</key>
    <string>root</string>
    <key>StandardErrorPath</key>
    <string>/dev/null</string>
    <key>StandardOutPath</key>
    <string>/dev/null</string>
  </dict>
</plist>
EOF

sudo cp -R /tmp/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist;sudo chmod 755 /Library/LaunchDaemons/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist;sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist;sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/alpha.delta.fusion.LoadNvram.plist" with administrator privileges'

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

I already have a fusion drive with Chameleon setup and have been experimenting with clover on a usb flash drive.

Essentially you're saying, once I have it all working on my usb drive, I can simply copy the usb EFI partition over my actual EFI partitions?

Also why is it necessary to put it on both EFI partitions?

• 6 months later...

Maybe it's because software has been updated since this was written, but my experience was very different.

Clover doesn't install to ESPs even if you tell it to, so what I did was install OS X through step 5 (I used tonymacx86's guide to create a Clover USB drive).  Then I had to:

1.) Boot to OS X and get a user account set up

2.) Install Clover, which copied to the root of my main partition

3.) Copy the appropriate kexts and clover config file from the EFI folder from the ESP on the USB drive to the correct location in the EFI folder on my system partiion

4.) Reboot and in Clover look at the UUID (the UUID for the volume from Disk Utility would not auto-boot)

5.) Use Clover Configurator to manually type the UUID into the boot area and save

6.) Mount both ESPs and copy the EFI folder to each

Then I could remove the EFI and EFI-backups folders from the big partition and reboot successfully.  I'm also doing a lot of on-the-fly patching for my onboard audio, trim, and so on.  But after that, it survives upgrades without losing audio.  I can also skip my Realtek ethernet kext because my Rosewill wifi card is natively supported without any kext edits or patches, but if you need ethernet you should not skip it.  It works fantastic, and I thank you for putting something together. I was afraid I was going to have to install to a HDD and then clone it like the first Fusion Drive guide I found, and I didn't have a spare HDD.

• Like 1

Hello to all and thanks a lot for this great tutorial. My Hackintosh is working good, faster than [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]/[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] setup.

I set up clover on my  GA-Z87MX-D3H but I got a few questions... anyone could help me ?

- First thing... How to update clover ?... I use the control panel to update, but the boot loader used for booting is still the old one... 

- Second thing... I think I made a mistake... my audio was not working after the setup of Mavericks, and I didn't find a solution... so I used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to set it up... but I understand it's not the right way, and it will be a problem for the next update of Mac OS X. Could you help me too ? My audio is ALC892.

Thanks to all.

Using the preference pane to update has never worked for me on the Fusion drive, I just mount the EFI partition and run the latest package installer.

As for your audio, that's a completely different issue and it's best to ask about that in another thread. But you probably installed the wrong patched AppleHDA. If you installed the correct one, then you either need a DSDT edit or HDAEnabler for it to work. If you don't have audio enabled in your DSDT then make sure you have HDAEnabler.

You're right, I should deal with the problem of the audio on another thread.

Anyway, could you tell me more about the way of updating clover on a fusion drive ?... I mounted the two EFI partitions, but the package installer doesn't update them. It's impossible to select these partitions. And so it is just creating another folder on the root of the Fusion Drive. Thanks in advance.

You're right, I should deal with the problem of the audio on another thread.

Anyway, could you tell me more about the way of updating clover on a fusion drive ?... I mounted the two EFI partitions, but the package installer doesn't update them. It's impossible to select these partitions. And so it is just creating another folder on the root of the Fusion Drive. Thanks in advance.

Best I can tell you're supposed to let it install to the Fusion drives and then copy stuff manually to the EFI partitions (be careful to not overwrite your config or kexts). 

What I did was this:

1.) Install to system volume

2.) Mount one EFI partition

3.) Copy the system volume EFI folder to the desktop

4.) Copy the EFI partition's kexts to the /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 folder on the desktop

5.) Copy the EFI partition's config file to /EFI/Clover

6.) Copy from the desktop to the EFI partition, replacing what's there

7.) Unmount one EFI partition, mount the other, and repeat step 6

Then I rebooted and held my breath. Reboot was successful and everything still worked.  It now shows "currently booted" 2818 instead of the previous 2795.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking I could just upgrade in place to Yosemite by copying my kexts to a 10.10 folder and then running the installer.  I'm not brave enough to try it, though, even with a full Time Machine backup ready and waiting.

• 3 months later...

So, I tried to switch from chameleon to cover with my fusion drive setup. I found, that there is no complete guide for legacy BIOS boards, so I thought I might complete the first post:

Making Clover bootable on Fusion Drive without UEFI

Follow the guide above until 5.

1. Format EFI partition of a FD member drive (1 is sufficient - I chose my main SSD) to FAT 32. Find the correct drive via diskutil list:

diskutil list
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdiskXs1

where X is the drive number of your SSD

2. Mount EFI partition:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

2. Copy clover from your working USB install. In case you installed it to the EFI Partition of the usb drive mount it to a different directory (see step 2, use e.g. EFIUSB). Otherwise just copy the files like:

sudo cp -r /Volumes/[USBDRIVE]/ /Volumes/EFI/

You can verify that everything went fine typing

ls /Volumes/EFI/

and check if boot file, EFI folder and also usr folder are present. If not manually copy them using terminal

sudo cp -r /Volumes/USBDRIVE/boot /Volumes/EFI/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/USBDRIVE/EFI /Volumes/EFI/
sudo cp -r /Volumes/USBDRIVE/usr /Volumes/EFI/

3. unmount EFI partition

sudo umount -f /Volumes/EFI/

4. Make the EFI partition bootable, using the Clover files from your working USB install. diskX is again your desired boot drive

fdisk440 -f boot0ss -u -y /dev/rdiskX
fdisk440 -f /Volumes/[USBDRIVE]/usr/standalone/i386/boot0ss -u -y /dev/rdiskX
dd if=/dev/rdiskXs1 count=1 bs=512 of=origbs
cp /Volumes/[USBDRIVE]/usr/standalone/i386/boot1f32alt newbs
dd if=origbs of=newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc
dd if=newbs of=/dev/rdiskXs1 count=1 bs=512
cp BOOT /Volumes/EFI/

Restart and cross fingers

I'm not entirely sure if every step is needed, but this is the procedure that worked for me. Please correct if I missed anything.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...