QuickTime Screen Recording, Audio ok, Video is Gibberish

ila225

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Perhaps someone has come across this problem already.

I'm using Mavericks with a GA-Z87-D3HP and ATi Radeon HD 7950, forcing Aji FB, and onboard GPU disabled, booting with Clover.

Everything is working fine, except that when I open QuickTime and ask it to record the screen, it only produces a lot of gibberish for the video, as such:

post-17972-0-50857900-1384820500_thumb.jpg

Has anyone seen this or would have any ideas of how to fix it or even where to start looking for a fix?

I also have another system, exactly the same, everything but the GPU, which is an ATi Radeon HD 6850 booting with Chameleon, and in that machine the capture works perfectly.

Thanks!

post-17972-0-50857900-1384820500_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello

Look, this isn't a error, i got this...

QuickTime cannot execute some files without a good codec, so... because this, the video is crazy...

Just install a codec for QT and done.... Perian is a real good app with many codecs for QT

Hello

Look, this isn't a error, i got this...

QuickTime cannot execute some files without a good codec, so... because this, the video is crazy...

Just install a codec for QT and done.... Perian is a real good app with many codecs for QT

Look, that is NOT the issue.

The issue is about QuickTime Screen Recording capabilities, which generate a movie, which is corrupt. The thing worked properly until Mavericks 10.9 came out, and just got fixed by Apple itself on 10.9.2.

The problem is NOT A CODEC, it had to do specifically with video drivers for that particular GPU.

Btw, Perian is an abandoned project, and causes several issues with audio. The best way to play what QT can't play is to use MPlayer, free from the Mac App Store or if you prefer, you can reencode with any of the many tools out there.