Nvidia GTX Recognized as 8600GT

gurden

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, would really appreciate your assistance:

I've installed Mavericks on a P5GC-MX MB using Myhack. Everything works great. 

I've used a DSDT file that i've extracted from windows prior to the installation of Mavericks.

The only problem i'm unable to solve is the GPU being recognized as 8600GT. I have a EVGA GTX460 V2 installed. 

The system information indicates the following: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

I've tried to replace the kext, change the GraphicsEnabler to yes/no. nothing solves it. 

Attached, the "System information" Picture, A capture from an app i used called "System Info" that recognizes it correctly.

Also attached, the DSDT and IORegistryExplorer info.

Thanks a lot!

Gurden.

Gurden.zip

Hi all, would really appreciate your assistance:

I've installed Mavericks on a P5GC-MX MB using Myhack. Everything works great. 

I've used a DSDT file that i've extracted from windows prior to the installation of Mavericks.

The only problem i'm unable to solve is the GPU being recognized as 8600GT. I have a EVGA GTX460 V2 installed. 

The system information indicates the following: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

I've tried to replace the kext, change the GraphicsEnabler to yes/no. nothing solves it. 

Attached, the "System information" Picture, A capture from an app i used called "System Info" that recognizes it correctly.

Also attached, the DSDT and IORegistryExplorer info.

Thanks a lot!

Gurden.

U need to have graphicsenabler=yes and use original untouched kext.

Graphics card its injected good soo your problem its in wrong kexts.

Hi Guys,

You were both SPOT ON! There was indeed a Device string that injected the information - Removed it and the card is recognized correctly!

Now i've encountered a different problem: from what i've read, GTX card are natively supported under Mavericks so i set the GraphicsEnabler=no - I get a black screen but it seems the OS has fully loaded.

Tried: npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=0 - Didn't solve it. only GraphicsEnabler=yes starts correctly... any advice?

Thanks again,

Gurden.

Hi Guys,

You were both SPOT ON! There was indeed a Device string that injected the information - Removed it and the card is recognized correctly!

Now i've encountered a different problem: from what i've read, GTX card are natively supported under Mavericks so i set the GraphicsEnabler=no - I get a black screen but it seems the OS has fully loaded.

Tried: npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=0 - Didn't solve it. only GraphicsEnabler=yes starts correctly... any advice?

Thanks again,

Gurden.

As i already say u need graphicsenabler=yes for this card.

Other than that u can inject it through DSDT.

I added it for u soo u can try with this dsdt and graphicsenabler=No

DSDT.AML.zip