OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Builds

ham4ever

46 posts in this topic

I was unable to find the seed configuration utility for 10.9

Ive used the previous 10.8 version but couldn't find the new one.

I guess not ready for prime time yet. Apple needs time to get their ducks in a row, I guess...

You need to install java first and after that you will see the seed configuration utility. After installing that the App Store will open and show you the 10.9.1 update. After installing that the system will restart an the App Store will show you that you have updates for iphoto aperture etc etc.

Any requests? Just install Java to get the seed utility? But where can we get that?

Or it requires the identity of paid devs?

Guest neycwby09

Any requests? Just install Java to get the seed utility? But where can we get that?

Or it requires the identity of paid devs?

Well someone in pcbeta has already released the seed.

Maybe that guy used the seed utility and downloaded it.

I'm sorry i have the developer account and thats where i got the java from. I'm not sure if u can get it elsewhere.

I think I'll wait until they fix this. I'm not keen on putting Java on my computer.

From what I can see the Software Update Seed Configuration Utility just runs a script to edit com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist. You can edit the script from the 10.8 utility to point to the Mavericks catalog.

Open the Seed Configuration Utility pkg file with Pacifist. Click on the Resources tab. Expand the SeedConfigurationUtility.pkg entry and extract "enroll" from the Scripts/postinstall_actions folder.

Edit the enroll script by changing the catalog URL to https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9seed-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz. Then run it from the terminal with sudo.

If you check the App Store control panel you'll see it now has the option to toggle pre-release update seeds.

It might also work by just adding the catalog url from the terminal:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate CatalogURL https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.9seed-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz
  • Like 2

I think I'll wait until they fix this. I'm not keen on putting Java on my computer.

Hi, Rehabman. I know it's off topic here to talk about the trackpad issue. But I can not find somewhere appropriate to talk with. If you know the right place, direct me there :D

WIth your kext, I am not able to use my trackpad (Synpatics V7.4) after waking my hack up. And I tried manually kextunload and reload the kext. But the console output is like below:

11/10/13 15:19:41.755 com.apple.kextd[12]: kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad  108089000 is in exception list, allowing to load

11/10/13 15:19:41.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command failed

Hi, Rehabman. I know it's off topic here to talk about the trackpad issue. But I can not find somewhere appropriate to talk with. If you know the right place, direct me there :D

WIth your kext, I am not able to use my trackpad (Synpatics V7.4) after waking my hack up. And I tried manually kextunload and reload the kext. But the console output is like below:

11/10/13 15:19:41.755 com.apple.kextd[12]: kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad  108089000 is in exception list, allowing to load

11/10/13 15:19:41.000 kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command failed

Check to be sure it is installed correctly:

kextstat|grep -y ps2
And/or (after "-f" boot):

bdmesg|grep -y ps2
You should see only my driver, not AppleACPIPS2Nub, not ApplePS2Controller...

Otherwise, install the debug version and examine system.log, post wake.

Didn't have to apply the TRIM patch. It still held after installing 10.9.1

Yes, of course. Look at the list of kexts in the update identified in post #6 (IOAHCIBlockStorage not updated).

Hi, just updated. I had only to fix the usual issue with mixed Intel Graphics (GA Z77 UP4 TH - Sandy Bridge) to get my HD 3000 recognized. Nothing more.

Concerning my Flash issue (always crashing) posted in the forum, no fix at all. I had to uninstall it again. I'm going to test my build just to see if  there is any difference. Ciao!

Hi, just updated. I had only to fix the usual issue with mixed Intel Graphics (GA Z77 UP4 TH - Sandy Bridge) to get my HD 3000 recognized. Nothing more.

FYI: You could use a DSDT patch to fix that issue instead of editing the kext... See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, "HD3000 on 7-series"

Please note: Using both a patched Capri/SNB and DSDT patch will not work.

FYI: You could use a DSDT patch to fix that issue instead of editing the kext... See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, "HD3000 on 7-series"

Please note: Using both a patched Capri/SNB and DSDT patch will not work.

Hello, RehabMan. I executed the command you mentioned earlier twice. One after restart and the other after waking up the hack. The output are identical.

After restart:

Notebook:~ ph$ kextstat|grep -y ps2

35    2 0xffffff7f80c01000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.8) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

45    0 0xffffff7f80c1e000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.8) <35 32 7 6 5 4 3 1>

46    0 0xffffff7f80c0f000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.8) <35 32 7 6 5 4 3 1>

After waking up:

Notebook:~ ph$ kextstat|grep -y ps2

35    2 0xffffff7f80c01000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.8) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

45    0 0xffffff7f80c1e000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.8) <35 32 7 6 5 4 3 1>

46    0 0xffffff7f80c0f000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.8) <35 32 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I think the output above indicates that I am using your version of PS2 kexts not others.

So I guess I am going to install the debug version and provide you more info about the issue I have.