Gigabyte H55N-USB3 Sleep

ijwcomp

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to get sleep to work properly on my Gigabyte H55N-USB3 motherboard with an Intel i3 540 on Mavericks.

At the moment, when I tell it to go to sleep, it blacks out the screen except you can see the mouse pointer still (display does not turn off). Keyboard, mouse, power led, fans are all on. Mouse does not respond to movements but clicking/pressing the power button/pressing a key on the keyboard 'wakes' it up to the password prompt.

I'm using a custom DSDT and SSDT and speedstep is working (it clocks my processor down to 1.2GHz from 3.06GHz when idle).

I have attached my pmset -g assertions

Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   PreventDiskIdle                0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   InteractivePushServiceTask     0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   NetworkClientActive            0
Listed by owning process:
   pid 1370(AddressBookSour): [0x00000001000001c4] 00:00:13 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync" 
Timeout will fire in 1787 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff
Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE
   id=500  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=1/01/70 12:00 pm description=en0 owner=en0

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

be patient, Maverick implement 9 seconds after you press the button  or menu to sleep, if this is not your problem, can be USB Patch needed in DSDT

here you can look that Address Book Source Sync" prevent  your idlesleep, not the sleep in the menu or pw button.

pid 1370(AddressBookSour): [0x00000001000001c4] 00:00:13 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Address Book Source Sync" 
Timeout will fire in 1787 secs Action=TimeoutActionTurnOff