USB pendrive not detected

giutor

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, this my very first post and my first time with Mac OSX. I successfully installed it on a Acer E1-570. All is working apart sound and wireless. The USB pendrive was detected too. But, in a desperate attempt to have wireless working I messed up with the kexts and now sadly, the pendrive is not detected anymore.

I wouldn't want to install everything for the third time. Wih kextstat I can see USB kexts are loaded, so would you please tell me which file shall I edit to have USB pendrive detected again?

Thanks for the help,

GiuTor

Do you know which kexts have you messed?

Unfortunately not. It was a collection of zipped kexts.I tried to remove them manually from S/L/E with rm -rf but at the reboot still the PENDRIVE is not detected. Is there any other thing I can do? I have pratice with the command-line and Linux.

Thanks for replying :)

GiuTor

Since this is a new installation and you risk loosing practically nothing, I would find a way to copy the original kexts from the installation image to your drive, and the replacing them in S/L/E.

Sounds nice, thank you. I will try to copy the kexts one by one from the DVD into the S/L/E folder with sudo cp.

I will let u know. In the mean time I tried to repair permission and rebuild cache but with no luck :(

I do not have ML installed right now so I can't help you on that.

Good luck.

I played with that tool and now the pendrive is detected :) but it messed up keyboard and mouse. From Linux I partially fixed the USB mouse but the keyboard doesn't work. I think I will solve by copying ApplePS2Controller.kext directly into the HSF+ partition as I did with the mouse.