Unknown problem on Mavericks

Zetsu

4 posts in this topic

I recently upgraded my i3 3220 to a i7 2600, and I also moved the PCI slots for my GPU which before that mavericks was working fine, but just to make sure I did a clean install with the new hardware and now Mavericks only happens to boot up on safe mode, I've only actually got it to boot up normally three times which were all by luck. The first time I didn't really check much, the second time it crashed for some reason, might be because of the instability of VoodooHDA, but then the third time I got it boot up, everything was working fine and I was on it for several hours.

I have no idea what it is that's crashing it but since Safe mode works fine it must be a specific kext that's doing this.. The whole thing doesn't actually kernel panic either, it just doesn't boot up, I end up with the whole text log finishing and it letting me type but the system never actually boots up.

My specs are:
Motherboard - P8B75M-LE
CPU - i7 2600
GPU - N465GTX Twin Frozr II Golden Edition
RAM - 12gb Ram
HDD - 80gb used for Mavericks, 1tb for Windows 7 and 500gb extra storage
Sound - Creative SB X-Fi [PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_00411102&REV_04]
Wifi - D-Link DWA552 ( I haven't actually gotten it working, but it's not really important )

If you know where I can access the crash logs I can post them up.

Thank you!

Mixing 2-gen CPUs with 7-series chipset motherboard is somewhat troublesome under OSX, despite both being LGA 1155.  For instance, integrated graphics would need a patch, but it's really not a problem for you since you have a discrete card. Nonetheless, from your latest sentence, I assume it's graphics issue. Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=No combined or not with PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...