• Please log in to reply
2008 replies to this topic

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Hi, i am having serious problems to get audio working on my MSI GT70-2oD (Haswell HM87 with an ALC892).  In fact using Toleda's file i could only get audio from the headphones (nothing out from speakers, all the other inputs/outputs are not working even if i can see the audio control bezel).

I Attached my files, the Ioreg attached is with the only working applehda on the net (for an MSI H87 board) that gives working speakers and Headphones but i still have a non working mic and weird input/output names (see pic).  Also attached the working AppleHDA if it can be of any help (i believe it is a Mountain Lion Version), and i am using Mavericks, it is Layout Id 1 and i'm using DSDT injection.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@slayer2333

try this new kext+DSDT.

Attached Files

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Wow! thanks Mirone, your file works perfectly (speakers, line out and headphone jack detection), the mic however still doesn't work...

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@slayer2333

try this:

Attached Files

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Mirone, really thanks for your efforts on this, the mic (both the line in and the integrated mic are working now), the integrated mic sensibility is very low however, i believe now it is a matter of finding the right bitrate for the mic?

Edit: The mic sensibility is ok it was only a matter of modifying the input level !

Thank you again !

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@slayer2333

Enjoy the good sound!

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I have a laptop running 10.9 with an ALC269 (apparently ALC269VC?) codec that doesn't like any of the ALC269 patches I've tried so far.

Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

Try this:

Attached Files

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Try this:

No audio unfortunately (no outputs detected), although the system profile layout looks more accurate now :). Here's my new IOreg (I did change the computer name since the last one, if you were wondering).

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@Karicloudy

try this:

Note: repair permissions rebuild caches using kextwizard.

Attached Files

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

@Karicloudy

try this:

Note: repair permissions rebuild caches using kextwizard.

Still a no go :/. New IOreg and screenshot posted (although I think it looks the same as the last one). Have been using KextWizard already for installation, so we should be good there.

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

your ioreg is corrupted.

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

your ioreg is corrupted.

Hmm, loaded fine for me? I have attached a freshly exported copy though, hopefully this one isn't corrupted.

EDIT: this one looks bigger, so hopefully it's not corrupt this time :)

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@Karicloudy

try this:

Attached Files

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

@Karicloudy

try this:

Yessss, we have audio :D. Both speakers and headphones work perfectly (since this laptop seems to have that wired to do that in hardware as opposed to the software control on the more common 8xx codecs I've used that allows separate streams, etc., I'm not surprised about that). The microphone (both internal and mic in jack) are not currently functional, but there is an input described in the audio settings. It just doesn't accept any audio in and it's called "internal speaker" despite being an input.

Have attached another IOreg for you.

Thanks for your help so far btw :D

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@Karicloudy

Mics fixed try this: 

Attached Files

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

@Karicloudy

Mics fixed try this: 

Thanks, the internal mic and mic in jack work now :). Internal mic does become disabled once a mic is plugged in and removed again (shows Intenal Mic, but no sound input). Putting the system to sleep makes the internal mic work again once more, but disables the internal speaker (they show the correct labels though, i.e. Internal Speaker and Internal Mic, when they aren't working (i.e. not Headphones and Line-in). Regardless of the state of the internal mic and speaker, plugging in external ones always work.

I presume we're getting into the realm of weird glitches that simple patching won't solve now and it works well enough for me to be happy if that is the case (just remember not to sleep for keeping the internal speaker working and I don't really attach external mics to then go back to the internal one later, but I was experimenting to test it out).

Have attached IOreg and the screenshots for you once more

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts

@Karicloudy

To get sound after sleep use this
IOAUDIOFamily.kext, I made a small correction again
for microphones hope it works.

Attached Files

karlcloudy

karlcloudy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

@Karicloudy

To get sound after sleep use this
IOAUDIOFamily.kext, made ​​a correction pequea again
for microphones hope it works.

I decided to test the AppleHDA kext by itself first, then install the IOAudioFamily sleep fix kext. This AppleHDA appears to be a regression, as the mic input no longer functions (the jack change is detected in audio settings, but no input). Internal mic works the same as before (have noticed the system sometimes boots without the internal mic input working, but sleep fixes that too. I assume that was a pre-existing thing, since I think it occurred once on the previous one as well).

IOAudioFamily breaks the audio by preventing AppleHDA from loading, log provided below. I have also provided the IOreg and the blank audio device list although I presume they will not be useful to you at this point (the HDMI output listed doesn't function either, preusmably because I haven't patched the DSDT for it).

21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: 	__ZN28IOAudioTimeIntervalFilterIIR9metaClassE
21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.
21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.
21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).
21/11/2013 14:32:33.000 kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).
21/11/2013 14:32:33.095 com.apple.kextd[12]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.

I'll reinstall the IOAudioFamily kext from my Mavericks installation drive, once I find it  :hysterical:

Attached Files

Mirone

Mirone

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,049 posts
Re-use the AppleHDA
working the Mics + IOAUDIOFanily.kext.

repair permissions rebuild caches.
for your IOREg use this: IORegistryExplorer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy