Installation guide with Clover?

Java Lava

15 posts in this topic

Hello everybody

I was searching and searching in the forum attempting find an guide installation for install Mavericks with clover, here exists a lot of information but cluttered and i don't know where begin … 

Can somebody indicate me or give me a link for install Maverick using Clover?

Thanks in advanced

You can install with chameleon boot loader first and then use the installer version of clover to test it with a USB drive and boot from the USB. Then once you are sure with your customizations with the installer you can directly install it later to your mavericks partition or harddisk. I assume that you might have gone through some guides from insanelymac or osx86. So the basic idea is to get a working mavericks installation in the standard method and then replace the bootloader using clover v.2

• Like 1

I've written my installation protocol down here:   Link .

Although its customized for my board, there is no big difference. Just leave out the AppleHDA.kext and the IONetworkingFamiliy.kext as these are for ALC-888 and Marvel Yukon unless your board has the same chips upon.

Would this work on my Asus Z87I-Pro motherboard ? With a separate windows 8 partition ? 

Ok I'm up to the step where I have to Configuring Clover. I've made the USB Stick even thou I don't won't to boot from the stick but I've heard I have to do this first to try it out. 

It's asking me to copy my kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.9. But where do I find my Kexts files ? 

For the beginning try to boot just with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and FakeSMC.kext.

Have you recognized the Download section in the top menu?

For giving you advice what kexts you need other users should know what hardware you use...

• Like 1

This guide seems to be for installing on the same machine. What if you want to install OS X on a different machine without it having OS X before?

You can use the same guide, but YES or YES you needs othe machine running OS X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mavericks is successfully installed on my computer but I have a question more to install the bootloader

I do not know if install using the installation by omission or should I make a custom.

If it is a customized, what should be for the next hardware?

CPU i5 2500S
Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-DS2
Graphics: EVGA nVidia GT 6100 1024 Mb

No DSDT / SSDT for now

Greetings
Edited by Java Lava

• 7 months later...

So, I followed this tutorial except I copied the app to the flash drive before I installed clover to the flash drive. When I get to the clover menu, i try and boot the "install os x mavericks" thing and it just loops back to the clover menu. Any ideas? I think the order might effect it but I would like some input on this.