I have almost working Mavericks 10.9 on my Thinkpad T430 and I would like to share my work to people have same hardware as mine. I also need some advise to complete my hackintosh
First thing first, my Thinkpad details specs:
* Working parts:
- Intel HD 4000 (Capri): Full resolution: 1600x900, QE/CI
- NVIDIA GF108M (NVS 5400M): Full resolution: 1600x900, QE/CI
- VGA, Display Port
- Wired network / Ethernet
- Think Light, Keyboard backlit (BIOS controlled)
- Mic, Speaker, Audio Jack
- Trackpoint, Touchpad
- USB 3.0
- UEFI with CLOVER r2366
- Keyboard. Multimedia keys: Sleep, Prev / Play / Pause / Next (Brightness control with Fn-F8/F9 not work)
* NOT working parts:
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless adapter
- Shutdown / Restart / Sleep
- Card reader
1. Create Mac OS X Maverick 10.9 USB installer: Google it!
2. Install CLOVER EFI bootloader or Chameleon
Use my config.plist if you install CLOVER
NOTE: need to change the SMBIOS hardware section and CustomUUID to your own hardware.
3. Backup and copy kexts from attached file
4. Option: install LCD display profile
5. Option: install HWMonitor.app
6. DSDT: Use diff tool to apply diff changes
a) I'm using 3 different DSDT file for 3 graphic config mode:
- DSDT.d.dsl / DSDT.d.aml: for Discrete graphic only BIOS config
- VGA, Mini-DP work well but hottest
- Temperatures on my machine:
- CPU: avg: 65oC, range: 60-85
- GPU: avg: 60oC, range: 56-74
- DSDT.o.dsl / DSDT.o.aml: for Optimus graphic BIOS config - NOTE: you will need to backup & remove /S/L/E/NVDA* because of OS X not support Optimus mode and it caused conflict loading video driver.
- DSDT.i.dsl / DSDT.i.aml: for Integrated graphic only BIOS config
Optimus & Integrated gave me much more cooler temperatures but NO VGA, Min-DP - I usually use Integrated mode for travelling and Discrete mode for work because I need extend to my external Dell monitor.
c) Temperatures when using Integrated only mode:
- CPU: avg: 45oC, range: 40-70-80
d) I added FAN control to DSDT based on T420 / W520 guides, Thinkvantage button will be used to toggle turbo fan mode.
7. SSDT: I used auto generated P-States and C-States CLOVER's option
- Sound stop working as AppleHDA.kext updated for VoiceOver bug fix, re-patch with patch AppleHDA script 3.1 from this thread
- Everything work well as 10.9.0 as last. Still have problem with Shutdown / Restart / Sleep
That's all, feel free to ask and discussion here about Mac OS X on T430 series, I will try to help if I can in my spared time.