10.10.1 - Nov 18, 2014:
- Updated to 10.10.1
- Use modified Apple's IOBluetoothFamily.kext version for Bluetooth.
- Switch back to Apple's AppleHDA.kext.
- Patch on the fly using CLOVER for AppleHDA and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
- Use NVIDIA Web Driver, URL to download from this thread: topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite/
- BIOS settings: set boot mode to Both (UEFI & Legacy), UEFI First to avoid problem with Optimus and NVIDIA Discrete mode
10.10 beta 5 - Oct 13, 2014:
- Updated to 10.10 beta 5
- Added package for 10.10: Bluetooth work with old IOBluetoothFamily.kext from 10.9.x. Updated DSDT for NVIDIA, Optimus and Intel only.
- Move to mega.co.nz for better hosting and versioning.
10.10 beta 3 - Sep 26, 2014:
Anyone tried 10.10 Yosemite? I tried last night and it's work with some issues, but useable. I have updated to Beta 3 also.
Here is some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 12.32.45 PM.png 364.49KB 56 downloads
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 12.39.30 PM.png 540.26KB 24 downloads
- NVIDIA not work (DP1, not tested on Beta3)
- Intel HD4000: native res but no QE/CI
- Sound: Need to patch AppleHDA.kext for layout 28
- Battery: need new patch in DSDT (use tluck's T420 DSDT work)
- Sleep / Shutdown work as Mavericks
- Update your CLOVER first to latest: sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/latest/download
- Create bootable usb or partition using this guide: http://www.insanelym...dated-9-2-2014/
Note: you will need to copy BaseSystem.dmg (it is big as 470MB) so you will need at least 8GB USB. I have 6.5GB partition and it is fit for setup size but I don't have room for modding (kext, backup...)
- Download CLOVER package from tluck's topic then extract, backup your kexts and copy all EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/*.kext to /S/L/E/
- Add kext-dev-mode=1 to CLOVER kernel argument.
- After install / upgrade you will need to re-copy all kexts.
Update 1: Never mind, NVIDIA work well after repair permission. System FAN and Thermal Sensor for NVIDIA not show (need to patch with new DSDT)
- System FAN, GPU and other thermal sensor work after update DSDT, updated HW Monitor and latest FakeSMC.
- NVIDIA Work but not detect / turn on built-in monitor, need to detect displays in displays settings to turn it on after boot.
- Bluetooth still not work
- Sound work with VoodooHDA
- Battery work
Look like CPU throttled too much, it is stick at 3Ghz most time and temperature is about 90oC @@, might need to generate SSDT or can be Yosemite issue. The temperature is about ~50-60oC with Intel HD4000.
- HWMonitor version 6.8.1307 support FAN sensor (Check for update inside app and install FakeSMC and all it's plugins)
- NVIDIA: new version not work, replace with old working kexts (NV*.kext)
- Intel HD 4000 Capri: patch with Platform-ID `0300 6601` - Hex: `01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 02 00 00`
- AppleHDA: patch-hda-3.1 NOT work - Work with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 (download from zip file here or pkg installer here
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patch with AICPMPatch
Bluetooth: using modified kext from #26 (thanks @eilatuno)
- Others old kexts: AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext
- Shutdown / Restart / Sleep work well using latest CLOVER r2671
- Sound stop working as AppleHDA.kext updated for VoiceOver bug fix, re-patch with patch AppleHDA script 3.1 from this thread
- Everything work well as 10.9.0 as last. Still have problem with Shutdown / Restart / Sleep
* Working parts:
- Intel HD 4000 (Capri): Full resolution: 1600x900, QE/CI
- NVIDIA GF108M (NVS 5400M): Full resolution: 1600x900, QE/CI
- VGA, Display Port
- Wired network / Ethernet
- Think Light, Keyboard backlit (BIOS controlled)
- Mic, Speaker, Audio Jack
- Trackpoint, Touchpad
- USB 3.0
- UEFI with CLOVER r2366
- Keyboard. Multimedia keys: Sleep, Prev / Play / Pause / Next (Brightness control with Fn-F8/F9 not work)
- Shutdown / Restart / Sleep
* NOT working parts:
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Wireless adapter
- Card reader
1. Create Mac OS X Maverick 10.9 USB installer: Google it!
2. Install CLOVER EFI bootloader or Chameleon
Use my config.plist if you install CLOVER
NOTE: need to change the SMBIOS hardware section and CustomUUID to your own hardware.
3. Backup and copy kexts from attached file
4. Option: install LCD display profile
5. Option: install HWMonitor.app
6. DSDT: Use diff tool to apply diff changes
a) I'm using 3 different DSDT file for 3 graphic config mode:
- DSDT.d.dsl / DSDT.d.aml: for Discrete graphic only BIOS config
- VGA, Mini-DP work well but hottest
- Temperatures on my machine:
- CPU: avg: 65oC, range: 60-85
- GPU: avg: 60oC, range: 56-74
- DSDT.o.dsl / DSDT.o.aml: for Optimus graphic BIOS config - NOTE: you will need to backup & remove /S/L/E/NVDA* because of OS X not support Optimus mode and it caused conflict loading video driver.
- DSDT.i.dsl / DSDT.i.aml: for Integrated graphic only BIOS config
Optimus & Integrated gave me much more cooler temperatures but NO VGA, Min-DP - I usually use Integrated mode for travelling and Discrete mode for work because I need extend to my external Dell monitor.
c) Temperatures when using Integrated only mode:
- CPU: avg: 45oC, range: 40-70-80
d) I added FAN control to DSDT based on T420 / W520 guides, Thinkvantage button will be used to toggle turbo fan mode.
7. SSDT: I used auto generated P-States and C-States CLOVER's option
Big thanks for everyone who has involved in this thread and who created stuffs, guides, tools...
Thanks for @tluck & experts in this thread to provide related update and information which I used in my package.
Feel free to ask and discussion here about Mac OS X on T430 series, I will try to help if I can in my spared time.