Mail-Update for Mavericks 1.0

ardeo79

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

yesterday Apple released an update for Mail.

This update doesn't show up in App Store on my osx86 and if I try to install it manually, it says my hdds are not compatible with this update.

Anybody has the same problem?

My OSX86 Mavericks has the build number 13A598.

(iBooks 1.0.1 update successfully installed btw)

Found a solution which worked for me:

I changed the build number in the "SystemVersion.plist" (/System/Library/CoreServices/) from 13A598 to 13A603.

After this the manual update worked for me.

Reboot osx86 with the changed build number also works.

P.S.: After rebooting App Store finds the "Mail Update 1.0" and it's possible to install it (again after installation of the downloaded update).

P.P.S. Mail is still working  :) 

• Like 1

Found a solution which worked for me:

I changed the build number in the "SystemVersion.plist" (/System/Library/CoreServices/) from 13A598 to 13A603.

After this the manual update worked for me.

Reboot osx86 with the changed build number also works.

P.S.: After rebooting App Store finds the "Mail Update 1.0" and it's possible to install it (again after installation of the downloaded update).

P.P.S. Mail is still working  :)

Thanks it did the trick for me. Both on my hack desktop and on my MBP.  :)

ardeo79 ... your tip change with the build number in the SystemVersion.plist not working for me.

I have re-installed the Mavericks as GM2 build 13A603 and only then also came in the Mailupdate 1.0

automatically the software to update.

Why is it when some goes with the change of SystemVersion.plist and not with me, I do not know then.

ardeo79 ... your tip change with the build number in the SystemVersion.plist not working for me.
I have re-installed the Mavericks as GM2 build 13A603 and only then also came in the Mailupdate 1.0
automatically the software to update.

Why is it when some goes with the change of SystemVersion.plist and not with me, I do not know then.

Did you install the combo update for Mail?