[Project Dead/Suspended-Dropbox and gmail account avail.] "Project OS X Envy" HP Envy 15-j063cl (i7-4700MQ) DSDT/SSDT Patching (and eventual Clover)

HP Mavericks Envy 15 10.9 DSDT Clover SSDT

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

cyf

cyf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Project is dead/suspended.

Laptop has promise, but I'm too busy right now.  I'm leaving the DSDT and other ACPI files for people that need/want it.

• Original ACPI tables (all files now have ",aml" extensions:Attached File  tables.zip   48.07KB   4 downloads
  • Original DSDT.asl that includes integrated SSDT1-SSDT8 (Note: SSDT6-SDDT8 were in a subfolder named dynamic--not sure what that meant, but I included them anyway in the DSDT--may have take them out later as they were all related to the CPU): Attached File  DSDT_with_SSDTs.dsl.zip   68.08KB   2 downloads
  • Current version of DSDT with warnings only when compiled under iASL5: Attached File  DSDT_2013-11-08 (with warnings only).dsl.zip   68.1KB   2 downloads

I also have Dropbox and gmail accounts I used to store project files for this that someone can take over--which I'm presuming is okay for the mods (e.g., clover, Rehabman's compiled kernel--all downloadable and nothing commercial or illegal)--PM me.  First come, first served (unless you ask me more than once--if this posting is up, this means the accounts are still available).  I'd also be happy to send you the HTML for this post so you can create a new one and I can delete this.

Latest update is at the bottom.  Suggestions/help needed to fix the warnings.

Change log:

• 2013-11-09
    • Project dead/suspended.
  • 2013-11-08
    • Replaced tables.zip (added ".aml" extensions to all files in the zip).
    • Replaced DSDT.asl with one that included SSDT1-SSDT8 (Note: SSDT6-SDDT8 were in a subfolder named dynamic--not sure what that meant, but I included them anyway in the DSDT--may have take them out later as they were all related to the CPU).
    • Updated DSDT with current version that has no errors compiled under iASL5, but still has 41 warnings.
  • 2013-11-07
    • Start of post.
    • Ask for help with unfamiliar DSDT errors.

Purpose: Share what I have done to get the HP Envy and get some help along the way--eventually I can put up a guide and share the files (either here or immortalize them in the Downloads section?).

• HP Envy 15-j063cl ("Beats_Mee")
  • Specifications (obtained using HWiNFO v4.6--get it here)

Tools:

• Macbook Pro 2012 Retina (borrowed): Mac OS X 10.9 ("MBPr")
  • Lenovo Y500: Windows 7 x64 with VMWare Mac OS X 10.9 as a "backup" (can't get USB 3.0 to work in OS X yet--even with latest VMWare Tools installed) ("Y500")
  • ADATA 16GB USB 3.0 Drive ("ADATA")
  • MaciASL DSDT/SSDT Editor/Compiler ("MaciASL")
  • DSDT Editor ("DSDTE") http://www.insanelym...th-dsdt-editor/
  • Generic USB running Linux (it's actually my gparted USB stick--always useful!) ("Parted")​​​​​

Legend

• I put the tools I used in parentheticals next to each numbered step unless a different combination of tools were used--in that case I moved it down to the bulleted item.
  • Attachments are in red.
  • I'll update the text and remove stuff as they are fixed--probably to an archived version for my own edification.

Progress:

• Make Installer Stick with OS X 10.9 (MBPr, ADATA) √ (DONE)
    • ​Made a USB Mavericks installer, following up to step 7 of "Creating the Installer" (i.e., before installing Chameleon) in this guide: http://www.insanelym...-install-guide/
    • Installed Clover on the USB (UEFI)
  • Fix DSDT/SSDT (Suspended)
    • I've extracted the ACPI tables under Linux (I had to use Linux as I jumped the gun and already formatted the original drive with Windows 8 :wacko: ) and included the originals here. (Parted)
    • Original ACPI tables (all files now have ",aml" extensions:Attached File  tables.zip   48.07KB   4 downloads
    • Original DSDT.asl that includes integrated SSDT1-SSDT8 (Note: SSDT6-SDDT8 were in a subfolder named dynamic--not sure what that meant, but I included them anyway in the DSDT--may have take them out later as they were all related to the CPU): Attached File  DSDT_with_SSDTs.dsl.zip   68.08KB   2 downloads
    • Current version of DSDT with warnings only when compiled under iASL5: Attached File  DSDT_2013-11-08 (with warnings only).dsl.zip   68.1KB   2 downloads

​​Next Steps (not yet started or partially complete):

• Install OS X 10.9 on HD: installed but has KP with AppleACIPPlatform.kext
  • Patch DSDT, kexts, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HP, Mavericks, Envy 15, 10.9, DSDT, Clover, SSDT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy