Laptop - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p - 10.9 - Mavericks

useletters

332 posts in this topic

@RehabMan: Can I use your OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller with Clover to install? do I have to follow the How To as well? or just to use the Kext with Clover for now?

EDIT:

Okay never mind. I found a ps2-voodoo kext somewhere that I tried and it worked. I'll be reading about your driver after I'm done with installation.

Yeeepiii !

Good Thank you, I'll read it of course.

I now have a bootable system. Clover is installed fine and boots both Windows 8.1 & Mac OS X Mavericks.

Comes the hard part to get things working:

• I've got no sound (voodooHDA not working and I deleted AppleHDA) :(
  • Intel HD 4600 is working Full Screen but at 7MB. I set Clover to inject intel only, set the ig-platform-id to 0x0a260006, removed all AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelFB* from S/L/E but couldnt get Clover to define it right.
  • WiFi not working Broadcom BCM43142, but I'm gonna replace it soon
Screenshots of current Clover folder hierarchy with used kexts, About This Mac, and System Profiler page for graphics are uploaded here.

Good Thank you, I'll read it of course.

I now have a bootable system. Clover is installed fine and boots both Windows 8.1 & Mac OS X Mavericks.

Comes the hard part to get things working:

• I've got no sound (voodooHDA not working and I deleted AppleHDA) :(
  • Intel HD 4600 is working Full Screen but at 7MB. I set Clover to inject intel only, set the ig-platform-id to 0x0a260006, removed all AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelFB* from S/L/E but couldnt get Clover to define it right.
  • WiFi not working Broadcom BCM43142, but I'm gonna replace it soon
Screenshots of current Clover folder hierarchy with used kexts, About This Mac, and System Profiler page for graphics are uploaded here.

You will not be able to get HD4600 working correctly without the drivers installed that implement support for it.

You will not be able to get HD4600 working correctly without the drivers installed that implement support for it.

Hmm .. I was trying among other things. Anyway I return the drivers back and checked the config.plist. I found a FakeID assigned to IntelGFX, I removed it (set it to 0x0) and this fixed the graphics for me  :)

Just remains these few issues:

1. Sound: I removed AppleHDA and tried various VoodooHDA.kext versions in Clover's kext folder but non worked. I installed the latest VoodooHDA.pkg and this worked fine. Doing so it installed the kext and other files on the system disk, but isn't this against "vanilla" setup?
  2. FakeSMC: I have two different versions of FakeSMC, should I go with the latest? or largest size or what?
  3. I notice a battery drain which I read somewhere it is because of nvidia gpu which should be disabled. Is there a guid for that? Is this where I should start DSDT editing?

Thanks

SSDT-3 in my DSDT's disables Nvidia GPU. About FakeSMC - you may try the latest version, I don't think it will make things worse. About VoodooHDA - in my case, it couldn't autoswitch between internal speakers and headphones. If you have the same problem, you may have a look at my VoodooHDA's config.plist (it lies inside VoodooHDA kext) IOKitPersonalities/NodesToPatch.

By the way, I'm now trying to get sleep on lid close to work. Rehabman, I've read your solution to this with ACPIPoller and though it works, I can't understand why GPE's _L1F method in DSDT isn't being triggered :/ ACPIDebug shows me that of all GPE events, only L1E is being triggered, and it looks like L1f is responsible for lid, because it calls Notify on Lid device. Am I right that GPE's methods should be called by the "hardware"?

• Like 1

SSDT-3 in my DSDT's disables Nvidia GPU.

Alright, you brought this up and I wanted to ask you about it. It is of course lake of my knowledge:

• I wanted to know why there are many SSDT on the system.
  • What's the different between SSDT and DSDT (just a link to read from would be sufficient).
  • Still after being up and running, once I put your DSDT and SSDT's into ACPI/patched folder I go back to the same error I had before. Isn't it the same hardware?

Attached below binaries of my DSDT and SSDT's I generated using RWeverything on Windows. If you have time you may check them as you advised earlier.

About FakeSMC - you may try the latest version, I don't think it will make things worse.

I'll give it a shot.

About VoodooHDA - in my case, it couldn't autoswitch between internal speakers and headphones. If you have the same problem, you may have a look at my VoodooHDA's config.plist (it lies inside VoodooHDA kext) IOKitPersonalities/NodesToPatch.

So you mean I install VoodooHDA.pkg normally but edit the resulting kext contents (inside S/L/E)? Just putting the kext in Clover kext folder doesn't load it and I get this while booting Clover:

FDxI1l.jpg

Thanks for the reply. 

Regards

DSDT and SSDT's.zip

Yes, I've edited the kext inside /s/l/e. Our dsdts should be compatible, I'll have a look at your ones a bit later. DSDT is "Differentiated system description table", and SSDT is "secondary system description table". You may say that DSDT is "main" table, and SSDT's are "additional" tables. About where to read - well, just google it, there's a lot of info.

Our original DSDTs are completely identical, by the way.

I have a Y510P - the Haswell version - running 10.9.4 (trying to get 10.10 installer to boot right now)

I've found that using:

ig-platform-id 

0x0A2E0008

along with the SMBIOS

MacBookAir6,2

- gives me the best result - no artifacts or stripes/tearing

I'm getting a kernel panic when using Sfairat's DSDT + SSDTs in ACPI/patched

Maybe due to the Haswell // Ivy-Bridge difference?

Removing your DSDT + SSDTs and unchecking 'DropOEM' works fine.

Clover version r2890

Hey guys, 

has anyone been experiencing an issue where after booting the wifi and bluetooth are not available but then are available and work after rebooting once or twice? btw i picked up a broadcom wifi card so thats why i do have wifi. perhaps its the kext i have installed, im not sure. i would really appreciate any help! thanks!

Hey guys, 

has anyone been experiencing an issue where after booting the wifi and bluetooth are not available but then are available and work after rebooting once or twice? btw i picked up a broadcom wifi card so thats why i do have wifi. perhaps its the kext i have installed, im not sure. i would really appreciate any help! thanks!

Not that I have an advice. But I'm waiting to receive a WiFi card that I orderd which is supposed to work. Once I get it and be up and running, I'll update you with my situation.

• Like 1

Hi guys

Any way to resolve this error [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x9400 ****

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x8c80 0xd000 0x9400 ****||||||

I've tried all boot flag but nothing I've also removed extra graphics kext but I'm going every time stuck on this error

Thanks

Hi guys

Any way to resolve this error [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x9400 ****

[iOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x8c80 0xd000 0x9400 ****||||||

I've tried all boot flag but nothing I've also removed extra graphics kext but I'm going every time stuck on this error

Thanks

The last message displayed in verbose boot is almost always NOT the most important.

Hi guys,

I have finally managed to install maverick :)

Now, for the wireless, I have ordered the BCM4352 card and I understand I will have to play with the bios in order to make it work, what was a good tutorial for this again?

My touchpad is somehow working, it's not clicking as it should and selecting something is difficult as it may not respond sometimes. Any advice?

And lastly, I was looking into making this dualboot with win7 or similar, please point me to a good tutorial you would recommend.

Cheers and congrats for the good work.

Hi guys,

I have finally managed to install maverick :)

Now, for the wireless, I have ordered the BCM4352 card and I understand I will have to play with the bios in order to make it work, what was a good tutorial for this again?

My touchpad is somehow working, it's not clicking as it should and selecting something is difficult as it may not respond sometimes. Any advice?

And lastly, I was looking into making this dualboot with win7 or similar, please point me to a good tutorial you would recommend.

Cheers and congrats for the good work.

Hi. I got a BCM4352 few days ago and I didn't have to tinker with BIOS. Actually, I kept searching before ordering to find a wireless card supported by my current BIOS and by OS X which came out to be BCM4352. Though it isn't natively supported by OS X, you'll have to modify a IO80112Family.kext to make it work flawlessly (see my thread here about this in Yosemite which should be the same for Mavericks as well, or look few pages here for a ready to use one).

Regarding touch-pad, try the attached kext. I have both buttons working, tabbing, two-finger tab right click, vertical and horizontal scrolling, dragging, and zooming if enabled in System Pref.

About dual-booting, it's possible of course but it depends on your partition scheme. I'm dual-booting Yosemite Beta 3 with Windows 8.1 on a GUID disk using Clover EFI. If you only got 1 disk like me I think this is the best to do. Anyway, put your partition scheme here and you'll get advice.

Good Luck

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

Hi. I got a BCM4352 few days ago and I didn't have to tinker with BIOS. Actually, I kept searching before ordering to find a wireless card supported by my current BIOS and by OS X which came out to be BCM4352. Though it isn't natively supported by OS X, you'll have to modify a IO80112Family.kext to make it work flawlessly (see my thread here about this in Yosemite which should be the same for Mavericks as well, or look few pages here for a ready to use one).

Regarding touch-pad, try the attached kext. I have both buttons working, tabbing, two-finger tab right click, vertical and horizontal scrolling, dragging, and zooming if enabled in System Pref.

About dual-booting, it's possible of course but it depends on your partition scheme. I'm dual-booting Yosemite Beta 3 with Windows 8.1 on a GUID disk using Clover EFI. If you only got 1 disk like me I think this is the best to do. Anyway, put your partition scheme here and you'll get advice.

Good Luck

Hello, 

I tried the kext file you included but i get these errors after booting with -v and opening the terminal and typing: "sudo dmesg" 

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (error 0xdc00800e).

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard - library kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller not found.

Can't load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (error 0xdc00800e).

I hope someone can help, i would really love to have a fully functional touchpad.

Thanks everyone for the help so far btw

Hello, 

I tried the kext file you included but i get these errors after booting with -v and opening the terminal and typing: "sudo dmesg" 

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (error 0xdc00800e).

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard - library kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller not found.

Can't load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Failed to load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (error 0xdc00800e).

I hope someone can help, i would really love to have a fully functional touchpad.

Thanks everyone for the help so far btw

Thanks to  Ahmed Salah AIS, who has helped me resolve this, i now have a fully functional touchpad. If anyone is having troubles with the touchpad make sure you follow the guide from here: https://github.com/R.../How-to-Install. Also make sure you do this: (if you used myhack to install OSX)

1. Open /S/L/E and look for myHack.kext (this is the one causing you all the troubles but don't delete it!!).
  2. Right click on it and select "Show Package Contents"
  3. You should find a folder called "Contents", inside it open "PlugIns" folder.
  4. You'll see few kexts, take out ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  5. Now you can install the required kext without issues (I hope)

All of these instructions i credit to  Ahmed Salah AIS. i am just posting them so it will benefit others. Thanks to everyone who has helped me on this forum! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I followed the instructions and installed everything. I then copied the kexts, smbios, and chameleon config from the attached zip into mavericks. I tried to boot with the flags -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=12 and it gave me this. I'm new to this and have no idea what it means. Does it mean I have to try a number other than 12?

post-593020-0-49676900-1412835050_thumb.jpg

So I followed the instructions and installed everything. I then copied the kexts, smbios, and chameleon config from the attached zip into mavericks. I tried to boot with the flags -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No IntelAzulFB=12 and it gave me this. I'm new to this and have no idea what it means. Does it mean I have to try a number other than 12?

IntelAzulFB has no effect with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Your problem is that FakeSMC is not installed.

IntelAzulFB has no effect with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Your problem is that FakeSMC is not installed.

Thanks for replying! I installed FakeSMC, now it gets stuck here with the flags -f -v.

It does boot with -x -f -v, however.

Edit: I removed all the IntelxxxxSeries kexts except the 5000 series. Whenever I try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12, it gives me an nVidia ROM Patching Failed! message. How do I force it to use the integrated graphics for GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

post-593020-0-23955800-1412894823_thumb.jpg

Thanks for replying! I installed FakeSMC, now it gets stuck here with the flags -f -v.

It does boot with -x -f -v, however.

Edit: I removed all the IntelxxxxSeries kexts except the 5000 series.

Not necessary, and probably a mistake. You should restore them.

Whenever I try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12, it gives me an nVidia ROM Patching Failed! message. How do I force it to use the integrated graphics for GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes nv_disable=1

Not necessary, and probably a mistake. You should restore them.

SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes nv_disable=1

Alright, I restored all the kexts and tried to boot with "-f -v SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12" and I got this.

post-593020-0-75112800-1412898775_thumb.jpg

Alright, I restored all the kexts and tried to boot with "-f -v SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12" and I got this.

You must still have some nvidia config stuff in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You should check...

You must still have some nvidia config stuff in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. You should check...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Boot Banner</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>EHCIacquire</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>dart=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UHCIreset</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don't see anything about it except SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes.